ONE

I slowly sat up in the bed as I looked around to check my surroundings. The haunting silence let me know that I was alone in the room. Glancing over to the empty spot next to me, I sighed in annoyance at the confirmation that I didn't wake up with Noah next to me once again.

It had become a common routine for the past three weeks. Six months ago, we were pulled far away from our home and discovered the existence of a multiverse and the dimension we traveled to contained three of the most shocking people to exist — Carter, Journee, and Rayne. To make matters even more complicated, one was the daughter of Zeus, one was the daughter of the devil known as Lucifer, and one was a cursed queen. Despite the fact that we were nowhere near our home and surrounded by powerful beings, the main thing that put a strain on us was the fact that Rayne said that I didn't have long before I'd be dead. We returned home after our abnormal trip and pretended that all was okay and it worked for a while but putting on an act was more complicated that expected.

For four months, I'd confide in Noah. We'd smile all throughout the day for the sake of the kingdom but it was a different story behind closed doors. He'd sit back, listen, and comfort me as I panicked and sobbed at the thought of my life ending soon. He knew about vampires but not someone like me who was way different than an average one. I was something far more powerful and neither of us knew if it was a good thing or bad thing.

The tension between both of our kinds didn't make it better for us either. There were brawls and attempted murders almost every other day yet Noah's concern was making sure I was okay. He would stay at my side nonstop up until a month ago.

Noah had started back getting out more as he had a country to operate. He'd leave Timothy back in the palace to assure that everything was fine with me then he'd return from his duties as soon as the moon shined and climb in bed with me to sleep so he could wake up early the next morning to go back to doing what kings do. I loved our night moments so I was deeply saddened when it abruptly ended.

The first time I woke up to an empty bed, I wasn't as upset. I knew Noah had a duty and I just figured he was extremely busy. The second time I woke up to an empty bed, I was a tad bit sad but I knew he had things to do and I respected that. The third time I woke up to an empty bed, I admit that I was sad mainly because I hadn't seen Noah in three days. I lost track of count after the forty seventh time I woke up to an empty bed.

Yanking the covers off of me, I walked over to the balcony before slamming the doors open. I stepped out as the sun greeted me and smiled softly at the feeling of the cool breeze brushing against my skin. I had not left Noah and I's chambers in a month and I was determined to change that today.

"We don't want you here! Go back to hiding!" I heard a voice shout. Squinting my eyes, I looked around the palace grounds to see if I could see anyone only to see that no one stood outside.

"Piss off, mutt!" I heard another voice say. "We are only here because of Queen Ororo! We follow and abide by her and her only!"

"She's married to our King! Therefore, she doesn't have anything to do with your kind anymore!"

I heard the sound of a gasp. "She is one of us! What makes you think she has nothing to do with her own people?"

I rolled my eyes and slammed the doors shut. I no longer felt the need to ease drop on their conversation especially since I had no clue who the two individuals were. I just knew that one was a vampire and another was a wolf and they were still divided. Walking over towards the closet, I smiled at the amount of clothing as I prepared to finally leave the chambers.

"Let's get today started." I whispered to myself.

I opened the door and stepped out as I rubbed any wrinkles out of my long forest green sundress. Looking up, I watched as the two guards standing outside the chambers stared at me in shock before quickly bowing their heads. I smiled softly at the both of them before turning down the long hallway and towards my husband's office. I walked and ignored all of the weird stares from the staff as they walked by and stared at me in shock. I kept my thoughts of Noah which helped me focus on something else and not make me read their minds.