Chapter Five: Blue Milkshakes And Bushes

George sipped the juice in his cup as if it was hot. The pout on his face was almost completely wiped off, mostly due to the fact that he'd almost completely forgotten about the entire situation.

"George, don't be a brat. Caffeine is bad for you." Dream said, while sipping on his cup of coffee.

"Oh yeah?" He snidely shot back. "So why are you drinking it? Cause you're built different?" Dream laughed. "Well, no, but yes. I can afford to damage my body."

"What, and I can't?"

"Nope."

"...You're such an idiot." Dream hummed at this. George didn't say anything more. Truth be told, he'd never drank coffee before. But that became a completely different story when Sapnap teased him for it.

"Get a room." Sapnap commented, walking into the kitchen. Dream silently handed him a cup, and he eagerly downed it. "Not gonna lie, Dream's coffee is fire."

"I'd say I agree, but how would I know, right?" George rolled his eyes. Dream chuckled. "Oh come on now. You can have a sip."

"Dream, I'll be fine. I'm literally older than you."

"No you're not."

"Dream—" George stared incredulously at his friend, unsure of how to respond. Sapnap laughed. "You morons."

George was glad Dream was doing better. Just last night, the blond had been completely silent, from after his last words yesterday to when they woke up. George hadn't said anything about it, but he knew Dream had been wide awake all night, though he took care not to stir and had his back facing the brunet. He had made it a goal to figure out why the word 'disappointed' set something off in him.

"Do you wanna do anything today?" Sapnap waddled to the fridge and pulled out a half-eaten cake. "Ooh, what's this?"

"I don't know, cake?" George replied sarcastically.

"Shut up. Dream, what's this?"

"Cake." Dream was itching to turn his phone on and go on Twitter. Don't do it, he told himself. Don't risk it.

"I know that, you moron. I mean, why do you have this?" He pulled the cap open with a clack! "Ew! Is this mint-chocolate chip?"

"Ew?" The two friends gaped at Sapnap, who shrugged defensively. "Vanilla for the win."

"You're so basic." Dream taunted, his usual competitive and cheeky demeanor resurfacing.

"Shove it, green man. Mint-chocolate chip tastes like toothpaste and bad chocolate."

"I— George!" He spluttered. "Tell him! Tell him that mint-chocolate chip is the best flavor!"

"I mean... in my opinion, mango. I'm just saying, I'm just saying." He held his hands up defensively as Dream stared at him, as if he was genuinely offended. George couldn't help but laugh. As his friends continued to argue, he thought about how lucky he was to be here.

He was here with his two best friends. Sapnap's chaotic way of walking about, his playful demeanor and attitude. Dream's atmospheric calm and subtle way of caring—if home was a person, it'd be Dream and his voice.

He wasn't exactly elated to say that Dream was undeniably attractive. However, his feelings weren't unreciprocated. Dream caught his eye, sending him an inquiring look, but not receiving an answer. 

"...I swear to god, George." Sapnap rolled his eyes. "Just kiss already."

"What?" Dream laughed loudly. George blushed intensely.