Chapter Five

As a general rule, Lucinda didn't like Gryffindors

As a general rule, Lucinda didn't like Gryffindors. They were annoying, they thought they were better than everybdoy else and she just wanted them to shut up. Unfortunately, they were also often incredibly attractive and it pissed her off. Why did people have to be both good-looking and the most annoying people on earth?

Nobody encapsulated this feeling more than Sirius Black, especially because he could also add the feat of being a great kisser. Lucinda had expected him to be a great kisser, of course, but not that great. Like, wow. 

Sure, they'd only snogged that one time and it wasn't like Lucinda fancied him or anything, but she'd found herself glancing at him involuntarily a few times. Maybe just because she liked remembering their snog. It was that good after all. 

Maybe it was just that him and his gang of friends were very noticeable. Sirius was definitely on the short-list for being the most handsome guy at Hogwarts, Remus Lupin and the story behind his scars made him a man of mystery, James Potter was an enigma on the Quidditch field which most couldn't compete with and Peter Pettigrew was their friend. 

And everybody had noticed that the usually loud group of friends had quieted down lately. Only Lupin, argueably the quietest one (and he wasn't even very quiet), had been heard talking for a few days and the rumors were spiraling out of control. 

Lucinda was trying not to seem obvious as she kept glancing over at the Gryffindor table while also trying to stay involved in the conversation their group of friends was having. It was something about some wedding Lucinda probably wasn't going to get invited to because her family wasn't high-ranking enough in pureblood society. Not that she cared. Fine, she cared.

Lupin was being pestered by his friends on something, even though the three didn't say a word. They were elbowing him, giving him stern looks, even if looked like he didn't want to do whatever they were asking of him. 

Lucinda glanced to the side to see Lyra silently looking at the four Gryffindors. For a moment she found it strange until she remembered Sirius was her cousin. Even if they didn't like each other, it was probably easy to be distracted by family members. Not that Lucinda would know. She barely had family except a few cousins on her mother's side that were around a decade older than her. 

Lucinda tried to force herself not to look at the Gryffindor table for a moment (because she got a slight urge to ask Sirius Black to meet her in a broom closet, something that she probably shouldn't do) and laughed at whatever lame joke Mulciber was telling.

But then a loud yell occupied the Great Hall. "Can I have everyone's attention please? It's important."

And everyone's attention he got. Remus Lupin was now standing on top of the Gryffindor table, his cheeks flushed red in embarrassment. He was scratching the back of his head nervously as his three best friends gave him thumbs-up and grins in encouragement. Lucinda frowned deeply in anticipation of what he had to say.