Chapter Six

Quidditch seemed like the one thing everybody in the Wizarding World had to care about

Quidditch seemed like the one thing everybody in the Wizarding World had to care about. It was absolute blasphemy to not care about Quidditch. The only person who seemed brave enough to actually talk about their distaste for the sport was Lyra, and it's not like people would do anything to her because of it. She was a Black

Lucinda was a Talkalot, but also came from the Patil family. They weren't really anything major, although they weren't looked down upon either. They were a perfectly mid-level family in the aristocratic pureblood society, although she, like her parents, wouldn't mind climbing up a few levels. But she wasn't at the level where she could talk shit about the most beloved wizarding sport in the world. 

She didn't really care much for Quidditch in itself. Her mother always said she was too pretty to worry about sports. And even if most of the stuff her mother said was bullshit (like, Lucinda could have liked sports if she wanted to, even if she was pretty), she had never found herself interested by it. She had spent one summer playing football with her cousins who'd learnt it from a friend who's friend with a half-blood though, and that was fun. She wished that would become a thing in the Wizarding World sometime soon.

There were two reasons why she went to the Quidditch games though. The first was, of course, house pride. She loved Slytherin and wanted everybody to see how much she loved it. What better way to show that than by going to the games? 

The second was obviously the boys. The Quidditch boys were fit, good-looking and some them weren't even creepy. A few of them were, but not all. And even if they were, they were still nice to look at. 

And if she went to the game, she'd definitely get into the afterparty, now that she was a fifth-year (there was a strict age limit). And she knew exactly who was going to be there - the Slytherin keeper, Davey Gudgeon. 

While they hadn't really talked since that time they had a bit of fun in the broom closet, she really hoped he was interested in her. She had chosen him after all. After the realization that she couldn't have Alexander Avery, Rabastan Lestrange or Sirius Black, she'd chosen him. He must have realized that, how lucky he was. She was a catch and he'd be so lucky.

So she was excited for the party, maybe he'd make a move in front of his friends. If he did that, that meant he truly wanted her. Also, she could stare at him a bit while he was playing Quidditch. He was good at it. So, all in all, the match was worth going to.  

The one downside of the going to the match was Lyra. Because she could be vocal about her dislike of Quidditch, she used every opportunity to voice it. It was a bit annoying, actually. "Can I go now? I'm here, I've shown support for my house. There's nothing more to do."

Lucinda was giddy about what was to come, so not even Lyra's annoying mood was going to bring her down. "No, you have to stay and support your team the whole match. And if you don't go to the match, then I'm not going to let you attend the after-party. And the Quidditch boys are really cute."