Chapter 3

It was as if an invisible archway had opened. A decently sized space had opened and Genevieve gave Delilah a hand gesture to go in. Delilah stepped forward and tensed up. She hesitated to go in but finally put her head down, closed her eyes tightly, and jumped in. A feeling of rocket speed hit Delilah. It was as if she was moving but when she opened her eyes she was standing still. The next thing Delilah knew she was in a stunning vintage town. Not too long after Delilah had got to the town she saw Genevieve pop up behind her.

Before Delilah could say anything to Genevieve a most unexpected guess popped up where Genevieve was standing just so recently. Jacob. Delilah froze looking at the boy she had abandoned and probably made very embarrassed. Jacob turned cherry red and awkwardly smiled at Delilah. "What are you doing here?!" Delilah screamed at the top of her lungs making birds fly out of trees like in movies.

"What are you doing here Delilah? Huh?" Delilah froze not knowing how to respond to Jacob's smart aleck question. She rolled her eyes and grabbed Jacob's arm. As Delilah was dragging away Jacob he stopped her. "I had to talk to you!" Delilah's face grew astonished and mad. "You had to talk to me?! After bullying me for years then out of nowhere kissing me! You are a jerk Jacob Johnson! Now you will listen to me and leave here and leave me alone!"

Jacob turned guilty faced, and grabbed Delilah's hand. "I'm sorry but I can't leave. I'm staying." Delilah jerked her hand away and went back to Genevieve. As Delilah was walking over to Genevieve a bunch of people popped up where Genevieve, and Delilah popped up when they first got to Hidden Lucidrid. Those people including Genevieve's book boyfriend Sean, and Delilah's book crush Marcus.

Marcus was tall and covered in freckles, with silky black hair, and the most pretty gray eyes. Delilah couldn't see how a girl couldn't like him. Marcus walked over to Delilah and held his hand out. "Nice to meet you Delilah." He knew Delilah's name! Delilah almost fainted but didn't want to make a fool of herself so she managed to stay up. "Nice to meet you two. I'm a big fan." Marcus smirked at Delilah and her face turned cherry red.

You could tell Jacob was jealous as he looked from Marcus to Delilah and back again. Jacob walked over to Delilah and Marcus and managed a smile. "Hi I'm Jacob." Delilah rolled her eyes and Jacob and smiled again at Marcus. "You must be Delilah's boyfriend! Nice to meet you I'm Marcus." Delilah stood in shock and could see a hint of sadness but at the same time he looked happy as ever. After Delilah consumed what had just happened she wanted to make sure the boy of her dreams knew she didn't have a boyfriend. "No he's not my boyfriend he's just a big dumb jerk."

Jacobs' face turned astonished and he walked away angrily. "Delilah!" Delilah heard Genevieve's call and ran over to her. "You need something?" Genevieve nodded harshly and peaked at Marcus. "Just a warning Marcus is not the guy for you." Delilah rolled her eyes. "It's not like I was going to date him." Jacob looked over at Delilah as she said those words and a little bit of hopefulness glinted in his eyes.

Delilah walked back over to Marcus and put on her prettiest smile. "So your single?" Delilah blushed but looked at Genevieve who was glaring at her. "Yeah... but I'm not looking to date." Jacobs' face turned sad and the hopefulness in his eyes disappeared. Marcus gave a respectful nod and smiled. He was so perfect Delilah couldn't understand it. She just wished she could run to him and hug as she melted away in his big arms. Of course that would probably be really weird since they had just barely met.

Delilah walked over to Jacob. "Why did you kiss me earlier?" Jacob rolled his eyes. "Fine don't answer me." Delilah walked away in anger over to Genevieve. "Boy troubles?" "He's just so rude and mean...and tall and his eyes sparkle in the sun and he's just so annoying!" Genevieve smirked while Delilah had just realized what she had said. She blushed so hard her face looked like a baboon's butt. "I mean..." Genevieve winked at Delilah and she filled up with embarrassment.

Later that evening everyone gathered around in the center of the town. It was a very quiet and peaceful place. "Okay so tonight is our last night of resting. Tomorrow we will take off on this dangerous journey. For anyone who is confused we need to find the traitor who spilled all of our secrets into a book and bring her back here. We have Delilah with us because it is dangerous for her to be out being the only one who believes in this book. She can also help us find where the traitor lives. I will take her to my house for the night and we will all meet up in this same exact spot tomorrow at five am sharp!" Everyone nodded and Genevieve took Delilah back to her place for the night.

Once they reached Genevieve's place Delilah couldn't help but stop and stare. It was a modest yet very elegant one floor home. There were perfectly placed bluebells on both sides of the front door and the roof looked almost glass besides the fact you couldn't see through it. The door had an elegant flower design and was a beautiful gold color. The outside walls of the house were covered in millions of long vines.

The inside was even more stunning than the outside. There were three doors and an archway leading from the kitchen to the main room. The main room had a wooden coffee table that looked perfectly made and on top was a small very old looking radio. The radio was probably modern for Genevieve's time even though if they were still in Delilah's time no one would know what the radio even was. There was an elegant carpet covering the majority of the floor. It had a flower design mostly of blue belle's and sunflower's. There were three arm chairs the colors of really dark wood. "You'll be sleeping in my room. I have a little floor set up ready."

They went into Genevieve's room which was covered in real plants. Genevieve's bed had a flower themed blanket which looked very vintage. She had a large bookshelf covered in books about wildlife and popular fiction books from the olden days. Those books were probably brand new in Genevieve's time. There was a very vintage light hanging above Genevieve's bed. Next to Genevieve's bed was a cozy looking set up on the floor which must have been where Delilah was sleeping. Delilah got cozy in the little set up and fell asleep instantly.