seven

The last day - the last show

Ethan danced across the stage to California Gurls by Katy Perry. The song changed to A Whole New World from Aladdin, quing Mark to start dancing. Ethan dance towards Mark, looping their arms, and pulling him across the stage when the next song, Dancing Queen by Abba started to play. Ethan then turned to face Mark, pushing him across the stage. Mark pretended to shield himself as Ethan danced up against him. 

This is where Mark's genius plan took affect. Ethan thought Mark was just going to turn around, and walk out to the center of stage, but what Mark was actually going to do was a little different.

The song changed once again to To Sexy For My Shirt by Right said Fred. Mark turned quickly, pushing himself against Ethan. Ethan stumbled and fell backwards. He pulled himself backwards as Mark walked towards him. Ethan did his best to regain his composure, but his hand slipped, causing him to fall backwards. He lay flat on stage, Mark over him. 

"Stay down," Mark mouthed. He put one foot on either side of Ethan's body, and thrusted into the air a few times before stepping away. Ethan took a breath, before standing up to continue with his next dance, and the rest of the show. It was the last show, so it had to be perfect. 

Maybe Mark was just trying to spice things up?

In celebration of their last show, the group decided to go out for drinks. Given the events that happened at the show, Ethan needed a drink. 

The friends sat at a private booth at some club. Seán, who had flown in from Ireland to see the show, joined them. 

Mark ended up not drinking because he physically couldn't, but he also had to drive Ethan home. While everyone was dancing and having fun, Ethan was drinking his problems away at the bar, and Mark was seated at the booth. 

"Hey buddy, had a rough night?" Seán asked, sliding into the seat next to Ethan. Ethan nodded.

"You ever go on a tour for a month and have to share a bed with the man you love the entire time, but you know he doesn't feel the same way?" Ethan slurred. Seán looked at him concerned. 

"Have you tried talking to him?" he asked. Ethan shook his head. 

"He won't like me back," he said. Seán sighed. 

"Maybe he does. Try talking to him," he smiled. Ethan thought for a moment. 

"You know what, I think I will! Where's Mark?" he said, standing up and stumbling a bit. Seán helped him stable himself. 

"At the booth. Maybe don't talk to him tonight. You're sort of hammered-" Seán said, trying to get Ethan to sit back down, but Ethan kept fighting through the crowd, and ended up losing Seán somewhere in the chaos. 

Mark saw Ethan stumbling through the crowd and up to the booth. Ethan slipped into the seat next to Mark. 

"Hey Ethan, you okay?" Mark asked the drunken man. Ethan took a breath as he realized what he was about to do. 

"Mark I wanted to talk to you about that little stunt you pulled on stage today," Ethan said. Mark smiled. 

"Okay? How many drinks have you had?" he asked. Ethan shook his head. 

"Invalid. Anyway, I just want to know why," he said. Mark sighed, amused. 

"Ethan can we talk about this when you aren't drunk?" Mark asked, playfully. 

"Mark, I'm not drunk. I only had a few drinks. I want to know now," Ethan said. Mark sighed. He knew Ethan was drunk, and he just hoped Ethan wouldn't remember this by tomorrow.