Chapter 37

TGB37

"Stop crying.", I said and gently wiped the tears on his face.

It hurts seeing him like this.

For the last time, I'd want to settle this.

Because is it true, after all, that if you love someone, you'd be willing to compromise.

And this love... I am willing to draw the card from the deck again. I'll start all over again.

I am willing to listen. I'd compromise. Because isn't it what love means?

I heaved a deep breath before I turned my back and walked near to his floor to ceiling glass wall. Iniwan ko siyang nakaluhod doon. Pero agad ko ding naramdaman ang pagsunod niya. The sun is already setting. And the beauty of Vigan is magnificently beautiful from here.

We're both adults. And I think, this is the right time to talk about the past. Because everything gets settled after talking, right? And things will get seriously complicated if we won't talk.

And it's tiresome. Parang cycle lang Paulit-ulit. At nakakapagod.

I have now my Von, and he deserves his father. Just this time, I'd lower my fucking pride for my son.

Sigurado ka talaga Via na para sa anak mo?!

I mentally groaned and wiped off the thought.

My son deserves his father. At kung hindi man ito tatanggapin ni Tim, hindi ko alam kung paano ko ipapaliwanag sa anak namin. I don't know how would I take it too.

But, as of now, I must resolve us.

Kasi sino ba ang niloloko ko? I love this man, still. Alam ko sa sarili ko na kung hindi siya, wag na lang. I'd rather raise my child alone forever.

Damn. And labo ko.

Patay na patay ka lang talaga, eh no? Gaga ka!

"Talk.", I said as I face the setting sun.

I felt him occupying the space next to me. He sighed.

"I want you to know that I love you still."

"Sabi mo nga."

"Sungit."

My eyes snapped to him. This brute! He really knows how to ruin the moment!

Tim cleared his throat and looked away.

"What do you want to know?", he asked carefully.

"Everything."

There was a brief silence before he gets himself to speak.

"I didn't want to do it, Via. But I was left with no choice."

"May choice ka Tim. You could have told me - ,"

"Hindi mo naiintindihan - "

"Ako pa ang hindi makaintindi? My god Tim - ", I exclaimed frustratingly.

"You don't - ,"

I glanced at him angrily. Umiling siya.

"That's why you chose to leave? Kasi hindi ko maiintindihan? How do you take me? A fucking nine year - ,"

"Please don't take it like that..."

"Then enlighten -,"

"I was left with no choice!", he muttered angrily... but more pained.

He looked me in the eyes. Hurt crossed his face, as if it was hard for him to do that decision. As if he regretted everything. As if he was been suffering for a very long time now.