V

Yoongi enjoyed King Se Joo's anecdotes about his adventures as a young prince, but he realized how different their realms were. Yoongi's father always made sure the people in his realm lived a good and honorable life while King Se Joo's realm seemed to be less... conscious about their people.

After a long talk the King excused himself to get some rest leaving Yoongi and Wheein alone in the tent. They had been eating the fest Yoongi prepared and most of the talking was the King's and Yoongi, Wheein just giggled and nodded every now and then, so Yoongi hadn't talked with her at all that evening.

"So" she asked when her father was out of the tent "our fathers want us to get married" Yoongi was taken aback by her comment, he didn't expect her to be so straightforward "what do you think of that?" she asked. Wheein had been drinking juice and behaving as properly as a princess should be, but at that moment she grabbed the bottle of wine and poured herself a glass. Yoongi smiled when he saw her take a big sip of it "I think we should get to know each other first, before we can take that step" Wheein poured more wine on Yoongi's glass and returned the smile at him "You're right. I want to be completely honest with you" she said and he nodded "please do", Wheein sighed "this marriage could be so much more beneficial for me that it is for anyone else. And my realm would be so much better as well" she drank the rest of the wine on her glass and then poured some more "I have to marry you" Yoongi was confused and didn't understand what she was implying "what do you mean? How's us getting married beneficial for you?" she seemed unsure of how to reply to that question so Yoongi took her hand "you can trust me" he said.

Wheein looked at him and lowered her head "I guess if someone can understand this is you. As a child of a King you must know the expectation everyone has of you" Yoongi nodded "I do" and Wheein lifted her head to look at him "Since the day I was born I was instructed and was teached how to be a good Queen, which in my father's mind means how to be a good wife for the King and how to bear children. Nothing more. So I always had been just an instrument, just as my mom was, for a King. I'm not happy, my prince. I had never been" Yoongi took her other hand and nodded "I understand. I have been instructed how to be a King since the day I was born and I know it's difficult, but it's who we were born to be" he said trying to sound hopeful but Wheein took her hands away closing her eyes "you don't understand" she said standing up and walking away "wait" he said "maybe I don't but I'm trying. Please, I want to understand what you mean" Wheein stopped just before the exit of the tent and thought for a minute before turning around and walking again towards Yoongi "I never had been able to be Wheein, to be myself, to love someone, to have a friend. I have never been able to travel or to have a hobby, I don't know what freedom is. This marriage can give me that, because as I see you have been all of that. I've heard tales about your realm and how fair your father is with the people here, I've heard tales about their magnificent prince and how you're the perfect and happiest prince the realm has ever had. I know you don't want to get married to me, and I know you don't have to. I'm sure there's hundreds of princesses that would kill to be with you, I'm not one of them, I only want to marry you so I can be as far from my father as I can" Yoongi look how breathless she was at the end of her speech and how her eyes were teary, he looked away for a moment and then he stood up and took her hand "My princess, if we're going to do this, I have to be 100% honest with you" he said looking at her, she was emotional so she just nodded "I think I'm your best option as well. I'm sorry that you've been through all of that. I promise as long as we're together you can be Wheein, you can be yourself and do whatever makes you happy" Wheein started tearing and Yoongi's eyes got glassier too "but if I want you to be your true self around me, I hope you can accept the real me as well" she nodded smiling "that would only be fair" she replied.

Yoongi took a deep breath and pouted "If after I tell you this you don't want to continue with this" he said signaling between them "I'm going to understand" she nodded and caressed his hands so he continued "what I'm about to tell you is something only my father and my best friend knows... I'm not interested in women... i'm gay" Yoongi said holding his breath and closing his eyes, he expected Wheein to laugh at him or to get out of the tent immediately but instead she hugged him "this is perfect" she whispered "we can be friends, and we can make this work. Now that we're on the same page, I'm positive this is going to go well, my prince" she said smiling.

Yoongi returned the hug and smiled feeling relieved that Wheein was the way she was "call me Yoongi" he said "we're friends now, don't we?" he said looking at her face "And as I said, please be yourself around me, I'm looking forward to get to know you" she nodded excitedly "Please call me Wheein as well, and never be ashamed to be your true self around me" they giggled "Oh my God, we can talk about boys together" she said laughing "I mean, if there's ever one" Yoongi nodded "I don't have anyone to talk to you about either, but hopefully we find love someday Wheein-ah" she smiled showing her dimples "I'm just glad I made my first friend today".