Reunions and bad habits

(A/n) I tried to draw my version of (m/n) with his fire hair and glowing eyes. I really can't draw fire 😂 but I think it came out okay.

Anyway onto the story (๑>ᴗ<๑)

A magicians Beast Chapter 16

'A key that allows you to enter the demon castle.
The rarity is S-Rank!

If the key's item class indicates the dungeon's difficulty, then our chances of survival diminish. The best choice is to level up as much as we can and enter instant dungeons when we have the chance in the future.

After B-Rank, the difficulty of gates rises explosively, luckily the chance of higher ranked gates opening drops with every level, so only a handful of S-Rank gates have ever opened.

One of them opened on Jeju island.

After an S-Rank Dungeon Gate broke there, it became a wasteland where humans cannot live there anymore. Even if S-Rank hunters created a team, it's unsure if they could clear an S-Rank Gate or not. With the current state of deplorable hunters, clearing an S-Rank Gate is near impossible.

Because of that, with mine and (m/n)'s current levels, we had to abstain from entering S-Rank dungeons. I can't compare the danger of that many S-Rank monsters to anything else.

Toughness that cannot be penetrated.

Strength that will result in instant death.'

Jin-Woo lunged towards Cerberos, slicing under the beast's right front leg as he sped past. While he had the right head distracted, the left one shot forward to bite (m/n), missing the hunter as he jumped out of the way from its maw, not countering when he had the chance to.

"Aw look how sharp your fangs are, and you're fur looks so soft too despite its shortness...❤️" (m/n) gushed as two of the three heads snarled at him.

"(m/n) stop swooning over this monster, if we don't kill it quickly we'll be its next meal!" Jin-Woo shouted, irritated that his friend's love for dogs was getting in the way of their fight for survival.

"Yeah,yeah I know...." The fire magician said sadly as he readied his Rasaka's Fang (dagger), eyes glowing their flaming orange hue.

'So I wondered if our attacks would work on those monsters on another level. It was simple curiosity.'

[(!)Alarm]

[-(Title:Wolf slayer) Buff effect is activating.]

The two E-Rankers launched themselves around the gatekeeper as the multiheaded monster snapped at them, unable to damage the hunters as it was attacked from all angles.

[(!)Alarm]

[-(Skill:Sprint)Was activated.
-Movement speed will increase by 30%
-1 Mana will be consumed every minute.]

As their skill activated, the speed of Jin-Woo and (m/n)'s attacks increased as well as their ferocity. The canine was sliced and pelted with fireballs from different directions,howling and growling in anger as it was unable to catch its targets.

After Jin-Woo's dagger collided with the sturdy back of the beast, the two hunters jumped back to gain some distance as the shorter E-Rank activated another one of his skills.

[(!)Alarm]

[-(Skill:Bloodlust)Was activated.]

Cerberos growled as waves of Jin-Woo's intimidation washed over it, the effect of the hunter's skill was seemingly having an effect on it.

[(!)Alarm]

[The enemy's resistance was too high.The effect was cancelled.]

It didn't last long however as the creature's high Ranking and lack of fear overpowered any sort of power Jin-Woo had on the beast.