When it all went wrong

A magicians Beast chapter 3

Everyone begun walking through the cave after the voting results were announced and even as they walked through the cave, the area didn't change.

As minutes became half and hour and that soon became 40 minutes, some hunters soon began to ask questions, whether to another hunter or to Mr.Song himself.

(m/n) was quiet throughout the walk, surrounded in his own thoughts as he held his head low and his shoulders relaxed and kept a decent walking pace.

"Hey...sorry"

(m/n)'s head shot up as he realised the one who voiced the apology was Jin-Woo.

He didn't believe the apology was for him so he kept quiet sand surveyed the situation, curious about the sudden choice of words.

"About what?" Ju-Hee asked. Ah, it made more sense to (m/n) now, the apology really wasn't for him.

"Forcibly coming here after I voted yes.." Jin-Woo answered.

'Well Jin-Woo isn't completely in the wrong, I mean I voted yes too' (m/n) thought as he watched the conversation continue from the corner of his eye.

"I'm fine so you don't need to worry about me" Ju-Hee replied,her hair covering her eyes.

"Are you...really okay?" Jin-Woo asked hopefully

"To be honest...no, I'm definitely not ok. Ju-Hee said, a dark, frightening aura enveloping her, scaring Jin-Woo and sending a chill down (m/n)'s spine.

'I thought so' (m/n) thought with a sweatdrop, silently praying for his friends safety from Ju-Hee's wrath.

"Are you insane?! Just now if you'd been stabbed a little higher, you would've had a hole in your heart!

And that's not even considering your arms and legs!! Even though I barely healed them!!" Ju-Hee ranted, letting her frustration appear.

(m/n) felt sorry for Jin-Woo for having to get his ear talked off but as he listened to Ju-Hee's words he realised he didn't to much of a good job at protecting his friend like he said he would.

Not long after entering the dungeon Jin-Woo and (m/n) got ambushed by monsters and the other higher ranked hunters couldn't help either as they had their hands full also. And even as he used his flames, the monsters were persistent and wouldn't go down easily meaning he had to dodge their attacks and repeatedly set them ablaze,which led him to slowly separate from Jin-Woo, who got injured during that time.

"What even made you say yes,huh?? Did you also hurt your head?!" Ju-Hee finished

"Sorry..." Jin-Woo said once more, guilt consuming him

'True...I'm only alive because miss Ju-Hee is a B Rank healer. I'm in her debt yet again...also...'

He looked at (m/n) from the corner of his eye, 'If (m/n) didn't distract the majority of the monsters during the ambush then I would have been done in before miss Ju-Hee would even have the chance to heal me'

"Are you sorry?" Ju-Hee asked, the last of her rage exiting her system

"Yes..." Jin-Woo confirmed

Ju-Hee huffed as she walked ahead, although not too far from Jin-Woo and (m/n).

"If you're that sorry...how about treating me to some food?" Ju-Hee proposed.

"Ah-" but before Jin-Woo replied, Ju-Hee pointed a finger at (m/n) who jolted at the sudden attention.

"You too (m/n)! Don't think I didn't see you spying on our conversation the whole time" Ju-Hee said

(m/n) scratched the back of his head in embarrassment, a nervous chuckle escaping his lips, "Looks like I got caught"