3: The Only Living Girl In Conlan's

Jackie rushed to her first day, even though she was on time. When the 20 year old walked into the store. She was welcomed by the manager. Who was an older guy, maybe in mid 30s. He had tattoos along his arms, he smelled of cigarettes.

"You're Jacqueline Branco, yeah?" He looks her up and down, his eyes looking at her boobs a little longer.

She nods, "Yes, but you can call me Jackie."

"Jackie, nice. Well, I'm Hunter. I'm the manager, I oversee all the shit that goes down." He starts walking around the store while she follows. "This is Ronnie, he's an associate. Pretty much helps customers and sometimes he helps with the registers."

Pointing at a young guy who's folding shirts. He stops and looks at Jackie. Ronnie smiles and holds out his hand. Jackie looks at his bright green eyes and strong jaw, thinking about how handsome he is.

Before they can shake hands, Hunter pulls Jackie with him to continue touring the store. "Over there is some more associates, Johnny, Devin, and Bucky."

When they get to the registers, Hunter waves towards the 2 tall guys at them. One is built like a football player with a charming smile that he flashes at Jackie. The other is handsome with a few tattoos that you could see on his arms. His blue eyes are entrapping to anybody's. She blushes uncontrollably at the blue eyes guy.

"These 2 are Mickey and Nick." Mickey being the charming smile and Nick being the blue eyes. Hunter finishes, "I'm off for the day, but they're gonna train you."

He grabs his bag and heads for the doors, "Bye fuckers!"

Once Hunter is gone, everyone kind of slacks off. Mickey introduces himself to Jackie by flirting. He shakes her hand and kisses it playfully. Nick heckles him about it, "Real nice, Mick. You seem like a pervert."

While the 2 boys bicker jokingly, Jackie chuckles.

On the other side of the store, watching the three cashiers are the associates. Devin, Johnny, Bucky, and Ronnie.

"I'll be the first one to say it, she's fine as fuck." Devin licks his lips.

Bucky agrees, "Do you think she's a bitch? Or maybe she's nice."

Johnny and Ronnie look at her in a certain way. Their cheeks blush at her and they even forget that Bucky and Devin are talking.

"Aye," Devin snaps his fingers, getting their attention, "You two in love already?"

Ronnie shrugs this off, "Nah, man."

"I think I am." Johnny eyes her, "She's beautiful."

Bucky shakes Johnny by his shoulders, "Too bad for you or any of us, bud. Looks like the new girl is into the cashiers. Once Nick and Mickey want a girl, it's over for us."

Jackie.

The day has gone by good, slow. I have only had one customer and it was a nice lady. The guys have been super nice, a little flirty.

All the guys here are basically 23-26.

Mickey is telling me about a party they're having Saturday. Since it's October, it's a Halloween party on Halloween. It'll be a Mickey's house and I have to dress up, it's mandatory.

"And are you goin'?" I ask Nick who's leaning on the counter.

He looks at me with a smirk, "Oh yeah. Only if you go."

I blush and giggle before a chime sounds. It's from Nick's phone, which he pulls out and looks at. He whispers something to Mickey and they walk to the back.

"Hey." Someone says on the other side of my counter.

I look to see it's Ronnie. The cute one. To be honest all these are pretty hot.

"Oh, hi. Ronnie, right?"

He nods, "Yeah, and you're Jackie. You know, we haven't had a girl working here since a year ago."

"Really?"

"Yeah, for real." Ronnie asks, "So how's yours first day so far?"

I shrug, cleaning my counter a bit, "It's been good so far, knock on wood." I knock on the counter.

He nervously chuckles and moves his dark short wavy hair back, "True, right. Well, hey. There's this party Friday night. It's at Mickey's place, do you—."

"Oh yeah, Mickey invited me."

"Oh really, wow...so cool. I'll be there," He awkwardly nods, "I'll see you there." Before I can respond, he walks away in a fast motion.

Someone walks into the store and goes straight to me.

She's older, looks rich, and is holding a phone to her ear. "Hi, I called earlier to put something on hold. It's under Roxy."

I nod and look in the cabinet under the registers. Where I find her order in a bag already. I scan her things while a couple other people walk in. Causing Mickey and Nick to walk back out.

"Your total is 67.48, cash or card?"

"Hold on, Courtney." She tells the person on the phone then looks at me, "Actually I want to use my points."

"Oh, you have an account here. Can I get your phone number?" I ask as I open the tab that lets me look up her account.

Nick and Mickey are mumbling about things while I deal with this customer.

She tells me her phone number with an impatient tone. I put it in and her account comes up with only a few dollars off her purchase available. I let her know and she nods while still talking to someone on the phone.

I'm having trouble adding the points to her total so I tap Nick's shoulder because he is closer to me. He ignores me at first but I call his name and he turns to me with an annoyed look.

The customer announces, "I'm in a hurry, let's make this quick."

I nod to her and ask Nick, "I just need help on how to add her points—."

Nicks interrupts me in a tone that makes it obvious he's not in the mood. "Just press on the amount of points she wants to use twice."

I do so and it doesn't change.

"Sweetheart! I need to go already." She says loudly, putting her phone down and crossing her arms.

I do it again, "I apologize ma'am, it's my first day."

"Of course it is!" She sighs loudly.

"Nick, it's still not doing it—."

Nick groans loudly and pushes me aside, "I'll do it!" He finishes her purchase and she leaves. Looking at me, he mocks, "Didn't you fucking hear me? Are you dumb?"

I gasp, "Fucking asshole!"