19 (Part 2)

"I told you I loved you," Iris said after a moment, "I told you I loved you and you took that and used it against me, right? Or maybe you didn't believe that I loved you. Maybe you used to hate me and all of this spiraled out of control and you were trying to make it right but you got lost along the way,"

"What are you talking about?" James asked

"I'm trying to figure out why you would do this to me," she said, "I'm trying to wrap my mind around why nothing made sense to me and now it does,"

James still looked confused.

"I feel like an idiot," she told him, "I trusted you and you took that trust and made me look like a fool. I walked into that Diner today intending to tell Olivia all about herseld, but instead, she made me look like a dumbass because you've been playing me this entire time," she said looking up at him, "Was Olivia really here in the states this entire time?"

"What-"

"Just answer the question,"

"Yeah, she was but-"

"Lie number one. Did you know that Oliva had it out for me when she came back?"

James sighed, "Yeah,"

"Lie number two. Were you two in communication about my whereabouts in regards to parties and the like?"

"Yes,"

"Was she the one who told you that I was at the Diner that night?"

"Iris look-"

"Answer. The. Question,"

"Yes but-"

"So it wasn't a coincidence?" she asked

"No. No, it wasn't,"

Iris wiped a tear threatening to drip down her chin, "So why did you show up at the Diner that night?"

"I wanted dirt on Jonathan and I thought you were still drunk enough to give it to me. Okay? There you have it,"

"So, you thought that stealing his girlfriend would be a good way to get back at him instead? So you pretended to care about me and made me mistake that for a deeper connection?"

"Yes-"

"You know, there was a point where I thought I couldn't love you more. I thought that everyone's bullshit about highschool couples never lasting forever wasn't going to be true for us because we had something special. Jonathan and I didn't work out but we did and I was excited about what the future had in store for us. But now? I wish I wasn't so stupid. I wish I didn't have all those countless stupid arguments with Jonathan because he was with me from day one,"

"Iris that's how it was at first. I swear it's not like that now! I fell for you and I told Olivia that, I don't know why she went and posted that stupid picture-"

"If she hadn't posted that picture, I never would have found out about this. So I'm grateful to her for telling me the truth. I don't care if you fell for me along the way. I don't trust you,"

"Iris, come on,"

"I'm breaking up with you James. And I'm not going to make the same mistake I did with Jonathan and give you some bullshit excuse. You lied to me, you made me look like an idiot, you made me think you loved me when you didn't and that's why I'm breaking up with you. Heck...I almost lost my virginity to you- did you tell her that too? Am I going to go into school tomorrow and see "Virgin" painted on my locker in red lipstick?"

"Of course I didn't tell her," he said

"Good. So, we are done. Don't try to call me anymore, in fact, I don't even want to talk to you. And when you call Olivia tonight to give her your update on me, you can tell her I said thank you,"