Chapter 12

Adam's POV

I finished cleaning my room after three hours and there was a knock on my bedroom door. I jumped and I said it was open. The door opened and Rachel walked in. I sat in my desk chair and I glared at her.

"Have fun with my dad?" I asked.

Her face went red as she sat down in another chair.

"I do end up with child you'll be a big brother to a boy or a girl," Rachel said, avoiding the question.

I called Max over to me and he jumped off of the bed.

"So," Rachel said while I scratched Max's ear, "what's your favorite color?"

I laughed.

"Color?! It's blue by the way," I replied, "anymore questions you'd like to ask me?"

Rachel sat crossed legged on the bed and she said,

"Tell me about your adventures, Adam."

For some reason that made me think about my past. The last time I ever told a good story was to my mom before she died. Suddenly, I remembered her death like it just happened. The feeling of my chest being squeezed felt worse than ever before. Maybe because it hasn't happened in six years. I got to my feet but I ended up falling down. Rachel tried to help but I yelled at her to stay away.

Then I cried out in pain as it felt like my heart was being crushed. Max was barking franticly and he managed to open a drawer like I taught him. Max came to me with an epipen. With my shaky hands, I uncapped it and I stabbed it in my leg. I removed it five seconds later and I waited for its affect. It wasn't working. I saw dad come in and he glared at Rachel.

"Adam look at me," he said.

I looked at him but my vision was going tunnel-y. He removed my shirt and he pressed his ear up against my chest. Dad looked at me and he said quietly

"Adam y-your having a heart attack."