𝕃𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕞 𝕒𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟

Author's pov
Rewritten

Next Day— outside of Namjin's house

Taehyung sat in his car, parked outside Jungkook's house. His heart was heavy, the weight of the inevitable conversation pressing down on him. How could he break the heart of the person he loved most? His first love. He stared at the door, anxiety gnawing at him as he reached for the handle, ready to step out when his phone buzzed, breaking the silence. It was his father.

On call

"Why are you still sitting in your car? Do what I told you," his father commanded, voice cold and unyielding.

Taehyung's grip tightened around the phone, his heart sinking further. "Dad, please," he pleaded, his voice soft, almost begging. "I don't want to hurt him."

"You already know my answer," his father cut him off, his tone laced with impatience. "Don't play smart, Taehyung. My men are watching. It won't take me five seconds to end his entire family if you don't do as I say. Understood?"

Taehyung swallowed hard, dread filling his veins. "Yes, Dad," he whispered, the finality of his father's words settling in as the call ended. He exhaled shakily, stepping out of the car.

His eyes flickered to a black car parked nearby, a man dressed in all black seated inside, a gun resting casually in his lap. His father wasn't bluffing; the threat was real. Fear twisted his gut, but there was no turning back now.

With trembling hands, Taehyung rang the doorbell and waited, each second feeling like an eternity. Footsteps approached from inside, and soon, the door swung open to reveal Jin, surprise evident on his face.

"Oh, Taehyung! What a pleasant surprise!" Jin greeted with a warm smile, though the shock in his eyes was clear.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Kim," Taehyung greeted with a bow. "Is it okay if I see Jungkook?"

Jin laughed lightly, waving his hand. "No need to be so formal, Tae! After all, you're practically family. You *are* Kookie's boyfriend, after all."

Taehyung froze, eyes wide. "You know?" he stammered, caught off guard.

"Of course, we know," Jin said, grinning as Namjoon appeared behind him, slipping an arm around his waist. "Our Kookie can't stop talking about you. You're his first love."

Namjoon nodded, smiling as he kissed Jin's cheek. "He talks about you all the time."

A pang of guilt stabbed at Taehyung's heart. How could he go through with this when this family, so warm and loving, embraced him like one of their own? But what choice did he have? His father's threat echoed in his mind, and fear paralyzed him.

"Hey, lost in thoughts about our son already?" Jin teased, waving a hand in front of his face.

Taehyung forced a smile, pushing away his dark thoughts. "Sorry, I'm just a little out of it today."

Jin chuckled. "Come in, have lunch with us. I'll wake Kookie up and surprise him. He'll be thrilled to see you."

Taehyung agreed, his heart sinking deeper. How could he do this? How could he shatter the heart of someone who loved him so deeply?

They all gathered in the dining room, and Jin called up the stairs, "Kookie, come down! We have a surprise for you!"

Footsteps echoed from the staircase, and Taehyung's heart raced. He wasn't ready for this.

Jungkook appeared, messy hair, half-asleep, wrapped in a soft blanket. He rubbed his eyes and pouted adorably. "Why did you wake me up, Eomma?" he whined, still groggy.