viii. sweet surrender

"sweet surrender to love"

honey candy skin. noon. i am holding you deeply for the first time.

"kiss me," i say. your lips are pink and dewy with saliva. your eyes are upholding. beneath your brows, you look at me and kiss again. you find, with the tip of your tongue, the edges and spaces of me. you make a map of my body, collecting my sweat and my scent, and end with your head between my legs.

my knees are open to you and my thoughts are full with you: gold and bare, monet's wheat stacks, sun in the mist.

white linen curtains billow open. i billow to you, silk-smooth.

"you taste like honeysuckle," you mouth on me, my name on the edge. i gather your curls in my hands and they overfill, spilling between my fingers, tickling my thighs. you're face-first. it sends an ache racing through me as if i'm dancing with tired, worn legs. we play this scene as i've always wanted it. i am almost at the edge.

but i want you mounted and wild, earth-deep and dirty-heeled. you oblige, face blush-dusted, and we turn over. my legs engirth you. i am above you, teasing myself on you: a waist i love, the hair on your belly, warm and soft, and the place where i sink down. hot feeling floods my veins. my breath leaves with the recognition of my body and yours.

the swell and dip of me is my song to you - undisguised and brutal. your chest is wet and the curls there are clumped and dark. we can be supple together. we can be young and share this fever that makes our eyes wide.

"i've wanted . . . for a long time," i tell you out loud. to be your on-stage match, your microphone, your harmonica player. i'd like to make you shudder.

i know, suddenly, it's summer. outside, my flowers are full and fragrant. i take baths daily to ease the heat from my skin. you find me, in a break, even when you miss home, and we eat candies together on the bed.

"robert." i am so heavy with you. i can only find myself adjacent to you as you reach up and touch my face. your eyes hold all of me, even the parts that are coming undone above you.

i watch you take your peak and smile, drowsy, when your hands fall to your sides. you're sheened and calming. i sweep my fingers over your red cheeks and hold the side of your face.

"you're burning," i murmur.

you nod, "i am." your gaze slides around the room and stops when you come back to me. your grin grows. "i missed you."

i break away, pulling myself with a shiver in my limbs. you gasp.

at the window, the sun beats down on me. the sky burns bright and clear. behind me, i can hear you in bed, the sheets crinkling, and know that you're shutting your eyes.