31

"You're getting in a healing pod!"

"I don't take orders from you!"

"You're saying no out of spite!"

"Yes, I am!"

Trip knew their arguing was annoying to everyone else who had been stuck with them since arriving back at the palace. But she didn't like being told what to do. And even though she had been debating on it beforehand, now that Keith had demanded it she refused.

"Why did I have to get shotgun?" Pidge mutters, "I should've given it to one of them. We would've had silence."

There are grunts of agreement from the other three that were listening. They were approaching the control room of the castle and the door opened before they even got to it. Allura was standing there, her hair in three different sized braids and sticking straight up from her head. Her mice friends were hanging from them.

"I knew I heard shouting," she says with a smile, probably happy to finally have some human company, "what's this I hear about a healing pod? Did someone get hurt?"

"No, don't ask," Hunk begs, hands clasped for effect.

Pidge is also desperate for quiet, "it's been nonstop, just let it die!"

But the fresh bandages were already ripped off at the question when Keith starts again, "Trip broke a rib before we even left and didn't tell anyone!"

She mockingly laughs and rolls her eyes in disbelief, "are you telling on me to Allura?!"

"I'm answering a question!"

Everyone started filing into the room, Coran being the cheeriest out of everyone and distracting them all from the argument, "we got the teleduv lenses!"

Allura was all too happy to take the escape, "wonderful!" she claps her hands and jumps up and down, her silly braids bouncing.

"I'm done arguing about this!" Trip snaps, her hands shaking as she pinches the bridge of her nose in exhaustion, "you're the most stubborn being I've ever met!"

He scoffs, turning to face her with the tips of his ears red in anger, "that's rich coming from you!"

The sliding of the lion-bay door opening stops another loud conversation from beginning on an entirely new topic. Shiro was walking through, in his paladin uniform, and a calm expression on his face. He looked at Trip and Keith's angry faces as if it was obvious where the shouting was coming from despite it stopping when he walked in.

"Hello to you guys, too," he jokes, clearly having had a better day than any of them did after getting chased out of a mall on the back of a cow (Trip had learned that's what the animal was on earth), "can we put a pause on the argument for a few minutes?"

Trip sighs, taking a hand through her hair and not saying anything in response. When she opened her eyes, she and Keith share a look of a momentary truce. Lance scoffs very loudly.

"That's all it took? You two need to just make out already."

Trip's face was immediately velvety red and her mind flashes back to the store with the beanies on their heads. The butterflies erupt again at the thought of how close they were. She refuses to look towards him, trying to make the feelings go away by ignoring them. But she had no idea he was doing the same thing to her left, face glowing against the window behind him. Lance snickers, proud of their faces.

She was making him do laps tomorrow morning.

"Did you find a way to bond with your lion?" Asks Allura when she sees a moment of silence to sneak in the important question. All eyes went to him, thank god.