Chapter 6

The moment the bell had rung for end of the day dismissal, Seonghwa was relieved to be done with teaching for the day. He loved his kids, he really did, but he could only handle all thirty students for so long.

It was like herding sheep when they're running rampant, while trying to get the kids out of the school. He monitored them in the hallway, making sure no one was left behind. A lot of them gave him high fives and shouted their goodbyes to him, sending out laughter when he would return their shouts with an equally loud farewell. This moment with them made Seonghwa happy.

After a bit, he steps outside, following the tail end of the group of kids. It was a cloudy afternoon and the wind was a bit chilly, he begins to wish he brought his sweater out with him.

Scanning the crowds, a familiar head of hair catches his attention. He almost smiles, before he realizes there's another guy with Hongjoong.

It looked as if the mysterious guy had said something funny since Hongjoong was laughing at him.

That made something feel off inside Seonghwa. Why couldn't that be him, telling Hongjoong something funny? He yearned to hear that laugh. He could bet that it was as pretty as him.

The thought of getting to hear something so wonderful made his heart beat quick. He could only imagine it to be something special.

The male next to Hongjoong stirred a bit of annoyance in Seonghwa. Who was that? Why was he able to make him smile like that? The guy was unfairly beautiful, too. The melanin in his skin and the gummy smile he held, it was making Seonghwa mad.

He had no reason to be mad, though. He didn't know what kind of relationship they held between them two. Hell, he didn't even know Hongjoong that well either. It was unfair, but Seonghwa had decided that he was going to change that immediately.

As if the other could hear his thoughts, Hongjoong turned and their eyes met. He hadn't even realized the unknown male walked away. Embarrassment slowly enveloped Seonghwa as he realized how long he had been staring at the other. He needs to get his act together, he thinks to himself.

He watches as Hongjoong smiles at him and walks over. Wait, he was walking to him. Okay Seonghwa, be calm. Who was he kidding? That was impossible when someone as attractive as the other was giving him any kind of attention.

"Seonghwa, hey!"

His mouth goes dry and his eyes widen, before he calmly collects himself. "Hongjoong, it's always good to see you."

Seonghwa wants to run and hide from embarrassment. Why did he have to say it like that?

The blush that forms across the younger's cheeks makes him feel a bit accomplished, however. Knowing that he had some effect on the male him happy.

"Where's Mina? Did she run off to play for a bit?" He asks, smile growing on his face at the thought.

Hongjoong shakes his head. "Her Uncle Hoho took her to see his friend who works here."

"Oh? Do I know them?" He asks.

"Ah, his name is Yeosang. Works in tech or something like that."

Seonghwa's eyes widen. "You guys know Yeosangie? He's one of the few that I actually tolerate out of this staff, him and like three others."

"Ah, really? He's a good friend of ours. I don't see him often though."

A small silence forms between them, making it a bit awkward.

"So, uhm, is that guy you were with, is he your partner?" Seonghwa asks, immediately regretting doing so.

Hongjoong's face contorts into one of confusion and disgust almost as he goes to reply. "Jongho? Oh no, he's my best friend and besides, I don't think his boyfriend would appreciate that."

Relief falls onto Seonghwa as his suspicions were proven false. He has a chance after all. Only if the younger is okay with it, of course.

"Oh! My bad, I'm sorry," he replies, adding an awkward chuckle.

Hongjoong adds to the awkward laughter. "I'm single. Way too single, but I'm single."

Seonghwa watched as Hongjoong cringed at himself. He was so adorable to the older and all he could think about was kissing the pink tint on Hongjoong's blushing cheeks.

The way his eyes sparkled up at him as they interacted and how he paid attention to everything the older said made Seonghwa weak.

A shout from afar caused them both to turn towards the distraction. The Jongho guy followed by his friend Yeosang and Mina were approaching the two.

"You know, there's nothing wrong with being single," Seonghwa says before the others get near. "Besides, makes it easier for me."

Hongjoong whips his head to the taller male beside him and Seonghwa sends him a wink. He knew the younger was definitely freaking out on the inside from that action and it made him feel satisfied.

"Seonghwa, I didn't know you knew Hongjoong," Yeosang says as they finally approach.

"Hi, Mr. Park! Daddy, Mr. Park told me I was a star student today!" He laughs as he watches Hongjoong bend down to be eye level with his daughter.

"Wow! I'm very proud of you, my star."

"Mina, you do so well in my class. Of course you're a star student!" Mina's eyes meet Seonghwa's and they're filled with wonder. He can't help but coo at the sight. He knows how hard she works and how badly she wants to make her dad proud. It's something she tells him almost every day in class.

"I have to get going, but I'll see you tomorrow, Mina!" The small girl waves at the teacher as a bright smile is planted on her face.

Hongjoong immediately stands up, attempting to stabilize his balance as he does so.

"I'll, uh, see you around, Seonghwa. It was good to see you again," Hongjoong barely manages to get the words out.

That causes Seonghwa to grow a soft smile on his face. "Likewise."

As he walks away from the group, he can faintly hear Yeosang commenting about how whipped the two were. It made Seonghwa smile and almost want to giggle out loud from how happy he was. He was definitely whipped, but he also was not about to admit that to Yeosang.