𝟸

"Hello. Are these the packages I ordered?"

I saw a blonde boy looking down on me. Our eyes met. "Yes. These. Are. For. You" I could feel myself dozing off into his eyes. I've never felt this way. Ever. It's barely been two seconds that we've met.

"Uhm. Are you alright?" I felt a shiver down my spine, even his voice enhanced me. "Yes I'm totally okay! Just a little stressed haha..." Silence took over the room for a split second. "I am (Y/n) (L/n)! Representing Courtyard Enterprise's!" I felt a little awkward saying that but I did that with every customer. "Now, just sign here and I'll be on my way!" He nodded as I handed him a clipboard.

I looked at the clipboard and read his name. "Kura- Kurapika! Nice meeting you sir," I pulled the rack closer to him so he could unload them. "Thank you Ms. (L/n)" I watched him unload the boxes one by one. "Yeah.. I know you're just a customer. But may I have your number... I'm sure we could be good friends," I asked with a hint of hesitation. "I'm not really looking for any friendships at the moment. Sorry." Is this what it feels like to be rejected. "Oh okay... That's totally okay, not trying to make you feel obligated to be my friend," I said. "Wait here for a moment, please," the blonde said. He wanted me to stay longer?

He gave me a piece of paper, I opened it and there was a number. "Is this yours...?" I asked looking at the paper. "Yes." My eyes widened.

"Wow thank you! I better get going now cya!"

"Yes. Farewell."

꧁☀︎︎︎꧂

September 1st

Morning came. I couldn't sleep. All I was thinking about was yesterday. That boy, there was something about him that made me... I don't know. I was so eager to text him right now. Maybe I should.

I typed in the number and wrote what to say.

Hey good morning ☀️! Is this Kurapika from yesterday?? This is Y/n :)

[Hit Send]

[Delivered]

I sat there on my bed and waited for an answer. I waited there for 30 minutes. It's no use.

I sighed. I walked over to my closet. Picking through it, this outfit is decent enough. I walked out of my room. To my surprise my mom was waiting for me out the door.

"(Y/n), are you feeling alright? You've been acting odd ever since you came home last night," she touched my forehead. "Really? I think I'm fine. Why do you think that?" I asked moving her hand away. "You usually come and take a shower straight away, also you greet me with 'Mom! School was tiring but I got through it' but you came with 'Hey mom' and walked to your room." I never realized how much my mom notices me. Maybe since I'm an only child. "Are you lovesick? I had somewhat the same behavior as you when i met your father," she gave me a soft chuckle. "W-what makes you think that?" I said looking away. "It's okay if you are, just be cautious with who you love, this world is full of traitors. You know I love you." She gave me a warm hug and a small peck on the forehead.

"Well.. I have to take a shower now. I'm normal I promise I'm not lovesick," I moved aside and walked towards the bathroom.

No way I'm lovesick. I just met him!

I turned on the water. The water drops plopped down on the floor. I undressed and stepped in. The warm water falling onto my body felt nice. All I thought about was that Kurapika boy.

I applied the coconut scented shampoo on my hair. Hopefully he answers. I smiled as I washed my hair.

꧁☀︎︎꧂

I quickly plopped down on my bed to check if he had texted me.

Nope. So much for having high hopes. Why am I acting like this? It's literally not that deep.

12:07 PM
Friday, September 1st
[NO NEW NOTIFICATIONS]

☀︎︎

September first... Oh right today's the auction! I should go, I have nothing to do home. I don't have work or school today, finally a day off.

I put on my favorite pair of shoes. I stood up and went out. "Mom I'm going to see what they're auctioning, I'll see if I can buy you anything," I called out to her.

"Alright! Fine by me, just be safe."

"Don't worry about me I'll be fine!"

I headed out the apartment and walked down the stairs. What pretty stairs. I reached the end and went to my car.

There I sat driving to where the auction was located. 

꧁☀︎︎꧂

It's sunny today. I walked around, I saw plenty of pretty things. One thing caught my eye though. A gorgeous owl diamond necklace. Only one person bid on it. 1,200 yen. I put 1,900 yen. Hopefully no one else bids.

"Look how cool this looks!" I heard a voice say. It was a young boy with green spiky hair, right next to him was another white haired boy with extremely great fashion sense. I walked up to them.

"Hey. Are you boys alone, you guys seem incredibly young to be alone in a place like this," I said in a steady tone. "Huh? Of course not we aren't alone! We have each other!" The young happy boy said. A bright blush filled the cheeks of the white haired boy, "Cut it out Gon."

I smiled at the both of them. They seemed safe. "Nice to meet you guys, I'm (Y/n). So you're Gon and the boy next to you is....?" I greeted pointing at Gon. "Killua! That's Killua, my best friend," he said grinning.

"Who's this we have here," a mans voice came from behind me. "Leorio!"

"This is (Y/n) we just met them a few minutes ago," Killua said pointing at me. "Hi!" I put my hand out. He held mine and we shook hands "Names Leorio!"

We let go and all four of us talked for a bit, they were incredibly nice. Leorio and I exchanged numbers, Gon and Killua didn't have phones yet. "When you guys get phones make sure to keep in touch with me," I handed them a piece of paper that had my number on it.

A vibration went off. Someone had messaged me. I took my phone out of my pocket.

3:36
Friday, September 1st
[1 NEW NOTIFICATION]

From (***) ***-***: Yes, this is Kurapika. I am quite busy pardon me. Hello (Y/n).

꧁☀︎︎꧂

My heart pounced out of my chest. I plastered on a stupidly corny smile. "(Y/n) are you ok?" Gon said waving his hand on my face. "I'm sorry, I have to get going now it was nice knowing you all!"

"You too (Y/n)," all three boys said in sync.

♫. ♫. ♫.

AN:

I actually wrote this chapter a while ago, but forgot to post it oops!

Have an amazing day :)