Chapter 11

Dave

Marcus spent the next few days trying to spend time with Amy. He rather hoped he could put himself into a more intimate place in her orbit other than 'Landlord'.

He followed her to a coffee shop and chatted with her while ordering a cafe latte'.

He bumped into her at the park.

When she went to a bookstore he had a taxi follow and pretended to be looking for books on maintenance. To his amusement, she had gotten romance novels.

"Do you need a little romance, Mrs. Carr? I'm single, you know."

At her look, he laughed softly a bit embarrassed "Hard to believe isn't it?"

She gave him a smile that made him feel weak with longing "You'll find someone Marcus. You're a great guy."

He felt his smile falter a little.

'A great guy' didn't sound like 'Hey fuck me, stupid!'

A great guy sounded like a friend zone collar, but he wasn't sure what to say so he nodded keeping his face pleasant not wanting to scare her off.

While they waited to pay for the books they chatted amiably about the weather and whether or not the new exhibit in the park was art or just a tacky abstract piece of junk. He leaned down and got a peck on the cheek as they went their separate ways.

He refused to let her out of his sight not wanting to give up, still hoping an opportunity would come up to make her see him. Really see him, the way he saw her. The taxi followed her until she pulled into a large shopping plaza.

He found himself wondering if he could risk bumping into her again but that would look suspicious.

So he sat outside and watched her come back out with several bags all marked from lingerie shops. He felt his pulse quicken. He had been worshiping her every night with his eyes and had knelt by the bed so he could listen to her snore softly. He had stroked her hair smelling it. He almost wished she was a pill head like that little bitch Jan so that he could dare climb into bed with her. The thought of holding her in his arms strengthened his resolve.

So far she had been online a lot but he had not paid attention to what she had been doing and instead had perched himself by the peephole watching how the light and shadow played across her skin as she moved.

She was back to wearing the top and sweat pant outfit to bed, so to see the lingerie bags filled him with both excitement and dismay.

There was a high probability as to why she was getting all this lingerie for a reason other then for her own pleasure. These kinds of clothes were worn to be looked at by more then just the wearer.

He wondered glumly if her apathy towards his attempts to seduce her resulted from another man. Maybe even her ex. She was a beautiful woman and it stood to reason an ex might get back with her no matter the reason for the split.  Even if that wasn't the case, Marcus couldn't be the only one fascinated with her.

He found himself clenching his teeth and squeezing his hands into first.

"Sir? You want me to follow?" The driver asked. Marcus nodded not wanting to lose sight of her in case she met up with someone. To his shock and amusement, the next place she went to was an adult store. She stood outside the door for a moment hesitating before going in.

"She's getting married." The driver said.

Marcus glanced at him. "Why do you say that?"

"Women, they only do this when they are getting ready for their honeymoon."