🚬🍓Chapter Two🍓🚬

-3 months later-
Summer was coming to a close, I'd checked the mail everyday for acceptance letters. I was starting to worry that I wouldn't get in at all with how long it was taking. I grabbed my bag and walked to the Curtis house, I promised to help make breakfast but I got up pretty late. Well late for me, but still later then I wanted to be. I made it there pretty fast and rushed into the kitchen. Darry was already working on cooking some bacon and eggs. "There you are." He said looking up from the pan and continuing cooking. "I'm sorry Dar, I lost track of time." I responded, pulling a mixing bowl out of the cupboard and grabbing pancake mix. "Don't worry about it, the others ain't even up yet." He said with a little laugh. I smiled and continued working on the pancakes. After a while Soda and Pony woke up and had joined us in the kitchen, Steve came over not long after and sat down at the table. I served up the pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I picked at food that was left on the serving dishes while I cleaned the pans and mixing bowls. I wasn't very hungry, I was more nervous than anything and that left my stomach feeling sick and empty, but not being able to stomach anything else. They laughed and joked and after a while all of them went out to mess around and toss a football back and forth. I watched them through the window while I cleaned up their mess. Keith was working again, as always. This job was both a blessing and a curse, at the beginning we would spend every night together and get lunch together. Now I get lucky to see him every other week, sometimes even more than one or two weeks. I finished placing the plates and bowls back in the cupboards and walked outside to watch them mess around. Pony was sitting on the steps and Johnny was leaning against the pillar beside him. I sat down next to them and we joked around watching them toss the football back and forth. It was entertaining watching Darry beat all of them collectively on a team of his own. It was nearing lunch time so I went inside to make sandwiches for the boys while they continued playing football. I put together some quick ham and cheese sandwiches and put them on plates setting them down at the table. "Boys!" I yelled through the screen of the kitchen window. Darry and Steve turned to face me and Soda nearly fell on his face. I let out a quiet laugh and continued. "Lunch is ready!" I yelled walking away from the window as they rushed inside. I went to close the door they left open as Steve ran past me. "Oh...Cat, I meant to give these to you." He said catching his breath as he handed me two letters. I took the letters from his hand and opened the first one sliding the other one under my arm. "You've been accepted-." I started the words getting caught in the back of my throat. My dream school for my dream job accepted me! I felt my whole body heat up and my head was spinning. I felt like I was going to get sick but in a good way. "What is it kid?" Darry said sliding out of his seat. "I-I...Uhm...I-." I couldn't make words come out. It felt like I was going to faint. I just shoved the paper towards Darry as I ripped open the next one. It was another acceptance letter for the local college that was my backup. "Hey congrats kid." Darry said, giving me a hug and handing me back the letter. "What is it?" Steve said looking over at me. "I got accepted to Rhode Island..." I whispered under my breath in complete shock. "Huh?" Steve responded confused. "I got accepted into Rhode Island!" I let out jumping up and down in excitement waving the paper in the air. "That's amazing!" Steve said standing up and giving me a hug. The door opened and closed while I continued dancing around In my blurred excitement. "What's up with her?" I turned and saw him while dancing and jumping. "I got accepted into Rhode Island!" I repeated myself. "Really!" He said running over to me and lifting me up in a hug. I rest my head against his shoulder exhausted and he held me close with his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. "I'm so proud of you baby." He said kissing my cheek and resting his head against mine. He rocked me back and forth for a second and I just basked in the fact that he was here, and my day couldn't get better. "Get a room you two." Steve joked, two lifted me up into his arms and carried me over to the couch. "This better?" He laughed looking into the kitchen. "Whatever." Steve said going back to eating. I nuzzled my head against his chest and he rubbed my arm. I pulled the other letter out and showed it to him. "I also got accepted into Ohio State." I said smiling as I laid my head back against his chest. "Seriously!" He said, taking the letter from my hands and reading it closely. "So you have an in state and out of state choice?" He questioned. "Yes I do." I responded, melting into his arms. He rubbed my back with one hand and held the letter in the other. "Baby...I'm so proud of you." He said setting the letter down and wrapping his other hand around me and rocking me close to him. I wanted to bask in this moment, I wanted to lay on his chest while he rocked me quietly forever. But I knew how it would end. Two would go back to work and we wouldn't speak for days, and I'd have to choose between staying in Oklahoma or leaving for four years to accomplish my dream. And it was pretty obvious what I was going to choose.