The Beginning

My life went downhill during the summer of 2014.  On June 6th my brother decided he didn't wanna live anymore.  He drugged himself.  He swallowed a whole bottle of sleeping pills.  My grandpa found him in his room, choking, foam coming from his mouth.  At that same moment, he blacked out.  My grandma heard loud crash, after that, nothing seemed real to me.

    My grandma called 911 and they quickly got there.  My grandpa was fine, for now, but my brother was going through shock.  He was dying, right in front of my eyes.  I couldn't save him...  I didn't think he would make it.  Somehow he did after a few weeks.  It honestly was a miracle.  I cared a lot for my brother back then.  With him nearly dying... I couldn't cope with him leaving my sight for more than a few hours.  I still couldn't believe he did that...  I never even saw how sad he was...  He wasn't supposed to make it, but he did.

   The next part is about my grandpa.  Remember I told you that he died right before I started high school?  Well this is how it happened.

   Nothing felt right the entire day.  Something bad was going to happen.  I just didn't know what.  I heard yelling for help.  It was my grandfather.  He was on the floor, stuck.  I screamed for my grandma.  This was her dad.  She was shocked.  She quickly called 911 and tried helping him up.  She couldn't.  When the medics arrived.  It was too late.  Turns out he had cancer.  He didn't like the doctor so no one knew about it.  He died.  Right there.  In the house. In front of my grandma and I.  My grandma was a nerveless reck.  You won't know how hard it is to survive as a kid, when one of the only people you care about, is dying from depression.

   Only one of my friends was still around before she moved to Montana.  Emily.  I ended up living at her house the entire summer.  Until the day.  She moved away.  That's when I realized.  How depressed I'd gotten this summer.  How much my life had changed.  How much... How little life meant to me.  I know.  I might be taking this too far,  and it may just seem I'm just trying to get sympothy.  But I'm not.  I need to express how hard life can be.  For anyone and everyone.  How much something can change in so little time.  How much, and how little, people can care about anything.  Especially life.