1

Irene

I lay on the ground not knowing what happened. In front of me I see a building on fire. I try to get up but fail to do so because of the pain. I look at my leg and it has a metal pole stuck through it. 

I looked around to see if there was anyone near, but I didn't see anyone. My vision starts to get blurry and I start to close my eyes, but before I did, I saw a girl running to me and yell. I couldn't respond and slowly, I closed my eyes. 

Dream Irene

"Officer Irene and Officer Taeyeon, I need you to go to xxxxx. This will be dangerous, but you're the best team I got." My boss, Lalisa Manoban but we call her Lisa, looked at us with a serious expression. 

I looked over to my partner Taeyeon to read her face, but I couldn't read her at all. She was emotionless which is not usually like her. I decided to break the silence. 

"What is this mission about?" I was very curious because it really did seem important. I looked at Lisa's expression and it was serious, but I looked at her eyes and her eyes showed that she was worried. 

"The Black Cross." The Black Cross is a gang known for doing many things, trafficking people, selling drugs, murder, steal, everything illegal they have done it and they are the most powerful gang out there. 

They have been wanted before I was even born and they have continued to grow. I was shocked, but excited to go on such a thrilling mission. The more dangerous it is, the more fun it is for me. I look over to Taeyeon. She had a serious expression, but continued to stay silent. 

"Well are you going to take the mission or not?" Lisa interrupted my thoughts.

"We'll take it" This was the first time I heard Taeyeon speak ever since we got into this room. I looked at her with wide eyes. 

"Are you sure?" I looked over at her with a serious expression. She turned to me and nodded. 

"Okay then, it's settled. I'll send you more information. I will also send you with a team of officers just in case something happens." Me and Taeyeon nodded at Lisa and left her room. 

We went back to our desks and both sighed when we sat down. Taeyeon has been acting weird ever since we got into that room.

"Taeyeon?"

"Hmm?" Taeyeon was working on her computer with a serious expression. She didn't even look at me when I called her name. I got out of my chair and pulled on her hand

"C'mon let's go to the park!" I started dragging her and I looked behind me to look at her expression. I could tell that she was in deep thought. I frowned at her and pinched her hand.

"Ow. What the heck was that for?" I finally got the old Taeyeon back and smiled at her. She probably noticed my weird smile and frowned.

"What?" She still had a frown on her face when she asked me that. I just chuckled.

"Taeyeon, you weren't your usual self back there you know. You acted weird and you know that you can tell me anything right? We are partners after all." She looked at me and just sighed. 

"Ya, I know I can tell you anything, it's just that, this mission...has a strange feeling. I sense something bad would happen, but I don't know what." I looked up at her and saw her serious expression. 

"C'mon, we've survived more things than this. We're the best group out there you know?" It was true that we were the best group. They pair each other up on our rankings. I was ranked second in our work and Taeyeon was ranked number one. We both were the best people they had.