Chapter 35: Losses and Crushes

Later

I heard Momon and Nabe's around, so I make my way over to them and go to scare them, but when I see the bodies laying on the ground, my face pales and I feel sick.

Tia and Gagaran's skin is faded and graying. I don't hear what's being said. I fall to my knees and start crying.

Howler: I was too late...Goddamnit, I wasn't fast enough! They didn't have to die! Damn it all!

Momon clears his throat.

Momon: It could be that Jaldabaoth only attacked you to defend the insect maid. Would you say that's a possibility?

Evileye: I'd say we tugged on the tiger's tail...and got bit.

I go and hug Evileye.

Evileye: But you heard what he said.

I stop and take a look at her.

Howler: What exactly did this Jaldabaoth say?

Evileye: Trapping the city in hellfire? No way that's just retaliation. He would have done it even if his servant wasn't attacked. My friends were right to challenge her. I'm sure any of us would have done the same.

I pull myself together. I'm assuming that Entoma was the "insect maid" and "Jaldabaoth" is Demiurge, who saved her from perishing.

Momon: O-oh. Of course. Without question. I did not intend to blame them for their fate. I beg your pardon.

Evileye: Oh, no. Please, lift your head! A man as handsome as-

 Please, lift your head! A man as handsome as-

She grabs her head and squeals. Oh, she's totally crushing on Momon. Add another one to the harem.

Momon: Miss Evileye?

Evileye: Yes! Hi...Lord Momon.

Momon: I need to fill Nabe and Howler in on a few things. Excuse me a moment.