Chapter 47: "Duel"

I sit contently with Aura while Guu swings at Ainz.

Unsurprisingly, the sword bounces off, causing no damage.

He keeps doing this a few more times before both Ainz and I get bored. Guu stops and looks at his sword in confusion.

Ainz: Something wrong with your sword?

Ilios: Or maybe it's you that's the problem?

Guu goes and slays a blue troll. Blood spills everywhere.

Ainz: Ah, yes. Trolls can heal themselves.

Ilios: Forgot about that, honestly.

Guu turns around and faces us again.

Ainz: The strong hold the power of life and death over the weak. However, I found that distasteful.

Ryraryus: He's too powerful! We must work together to defeat him!

Guu: Shut up!

I block Ryraryus' path.

Ilios: I am just as strong in melee as Ainz is in spellcasting. This is between him and Guu. Do not interfere, spineless snake.

This gets him to stop talking. We focus back on Guu's barrage in attacks.

Ainz: Some us take pride on our appearance. I wish you wouldn't wrinkle my clothes. Now, are you finished attacking me?

I chuckle a little at that. This leads to Guu straight up punching Ainz in the face. This does nothing.

Ainz simply brushes off the fist and starts his attacking, using his stick to beat up Guu. Guu is knocked to the ground in pain.

Ainz: Possessing a so-called "cowardly name" does not make one weak.

Ilios: As does having a so-called "brave name" not immediately make someone strong.

Ainz: You may have the brain the size of an acorn, but surely you've realized that by now.

Ryraryus tries going invisible and escaping but I wrap him in my tentacles, restricting his movement. I focus my visible eye on him threateningly.

Ilios: Not so fast, coward. Waddya want me to do with him, Ainz-bro?

Ainz: Let Aura take him away from the fighting, Lio. I do not want him to become collateral damage.

Ilios: Got it.

I hand off the snake dude to Aura, wiping my tentacles on the ground. I shiver in disgust.

Ainz: Let us continue with our duel.

Guu: I don't understand how you're doing this. Are you using magic?

Ilios: Intriguing.

Ainz: Well, now. This is surprising. Guu, the great king of the forest and almighty Giant of the East, flinching in fear of a coward. How can this be?

Aura: He's obviously quailing before you because your name is a strong and valiant one, Lord Ainz, while his is not only cowardly, but weird. Right, snake?

She has a strong hold on the snake dude's neck.

Ryraryus: Yes, that's right. It's evidence of Lord Ainz Ooal Gown's undeniable greatness.

Ilios: I always hate a kiss-ass, but this will do for now. Better than a dead useless coward.

Ainz turns his head in our direction, probably feeling how Guu is about to strike once more but not caring.