Truth Or Dare

Valentine

Valentine

After what could only be described as an awfully long day, Bryce, Jackie, Elijah, Sienna, Kyra and I all sat in a nearly empty Cafeteria. A few disposable cups of half sipped coffee about the table and a couple of...very interesting tasting and looking sandwiches to compliment the equally intriguing tasting coffee.

"-and Gary just slipped! right then and there! Nearly collided into Ms Hendricks while she was on her walk. How does one not see the massive neon yellow sign that reads very clearly 'WARNING'? And of course half of the attendings had to be in that exact hallway. I've never been so embarrassed." Jackie sighed as she shook her head and the others laughed.

"That is until his next accident, Jackie." Bryce chuckled.

"Yeah yeah. Just rub it in that the scalpel jockeys don't have to put up with interns." she scoffed.

"Well, we finally got Jackie to reveal what got her so mad at Gary, today, I say we play truth or dare everyday so we can find out his next mishap." I smiled.

"I won't tell willingly. It's embarrassing enough." She folded her arms and we all laughed again at her disapproving frown.

"Alright alright, Whos next then?" Kyra called out and everyone started saying each others names.

"Okay since that's not working, Jackie, it was your go last, you choose."

"Oooh, goodie. this might just make up for the Gary reveal." she said as she sat up, a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

"Sienna..."

"Oooo" Everyone said with anticipation as Siennas eyes widened.

"Truth or dare?" Jackie raised a brow.

"...Truth? I mean dare! .....no truth! Oh this is hard..." she sighed.

"Go for dare Si, there's not much she could dare you to do in here." Elijah encouraged.

"...alright...dare." she nodded.

Jackie's smirk only grew and she said "I dare you to fake cry as loud as you can for 10 whole seconds."

"Oops, I was wrong." Elijah's eyes widened and so did Siennas. His in her realisation, hers in fear.

I looked around and the only people here were us, a cleaner, a few nurses and....

My eyes landed on Ethan, sitting in his usual space with a medical journal....

I smiled softly and as if he could sense it, he looked up, and our eyes met....

I could almost swear there was a slight tug on the corner of his lip as he gave a nod, to which I returned before looking back to the rest of them...