Caught Out

Ethan

Ethan

"There's my favourite doctor in the whole world." V beamed as she came over to me at the nurses station.

"What did you do?" I sighed

"Can't I simply be happy to see you?" she raised a brow as she wrote on her charts.

"Valerie." I raised mine as I looked up to her.

"I promise. I'm just... Happy today."

I couldn't help but smile at that and said "Well... Good then."

Our eye contact was held for a lot longer than it should have so publicly...but seeing her happy, honestly make me happy...

"Doctor Ramsey?"

I looked to where one of the older nurses was holding her hand out for the chart I had finished.

"oh yes. Here."

V smiled and placed a curl over her ear as the nurse handed me the other chart and murmured "hm..." before walking away.

"subtle Ramsey, subtle."

"like wise Rookie."

We shared a smirk, before our attentions were brought so someone calling her.

"V! You coming?"

Valerie's friends approached from across the way and she said "Yeah! Just finishing up here."

"Alright... This needs to get given to Doctor Mason, this needs to be returned to 205 and this needs your signature." I said to v as I flicked through the papers before handing it to her-

"-and this needs your signature, this needs to be signed by you and doctor banerji and I believe this is your patient in 138." she stated as she handed me my papers.

"Okay. Thank you sweetheart."

Valentine

I neatened the stack ethan had handed me and...

Wait -

The area had suddenly become very quiet...

Slowly and simultaneously Ethan and I looked up to see the nurses and my friends watching us with shocked expressions etched across their faces...

Oh ethan...

Bryce stood mouth agape with Jackie, elijah and Sienna looked like deers in the headlights and... The nurses do not look impressed.

Ethan and Valentine

Christ

Valentine

I laughed nervously to fill the silence and scratched the back of my head, resting that arm on the counter. "Good old diagnostics team humour huh? It's um..."