Only With You

Ethan

Ethan

I can't even remember the last time I had a day off.

But Naveen insisted I take it.

And with everything going on with Edenbrook and it's finances, Valerie, Mass Kenmore....I for once don't feel too bad for taking some time off.

But the moment my pager goes off, I'm going to Edenbrook.

Staying at home with nothing to do and -

I turned my head away from the ceiling and picked up my buzzing phone from my bedside table, to see V's caller ID....

"Goooodmorning Doctor Ramsey." She said softly on the other line..

"Rookie. To what do I owe the pleasure?" I smiled.

"I just wanted to say good-morning, see how you are...."

"V, what do you want? No, what did you do?" I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Nothing! I pinky swear!"

"I can't see your pinky, so that doesn't work im afraid."

"Well i'm holding it up! Anywho, I kind of do want something. I didn't do anything wrong though. For once."

"And what exactly is it that you want?" I raised a brow as I sat up.

"Glad you asked. Im on my own all day today, and half of tomorrow too. Erica called me and she's had some major family problem where she has to go out to Poughkeepsie. Annnnd she was wondering if I could watch the girls."

"Hm. Im not seeing where my involvement is?"

"Urgh, Ethan, im trying to ask you if you can babysit Valerie Junior and Eden with me today...and until tomorrow morning."

"Valerie, Children...infants and I don't work well together. babysitting two children would be disastrous."

"No, because I'll be there. I just want the company. Telling me you don't want to use this as an excuse for a little more time together? away from the hospital?"

I fought a smile and said "You can't win me over that easy Valentine. Come over without the crying, puking machines and we can spend time together."

"and id happily take you up on that. But this is Erica, Ethan. I helped save her life when she went into preeclampsia and her daughter is my namesake. Pleaseeeee"

I sighed as I got up and went into the bathroom.

"Im doing the puppy dog eyes, you just can't see them."

I laughed as I said "Okay. Just so you know, this is absurd."

"It isn't. You just care about me too much to say no. Even when you can't see my face."