Just The Two Of Us

Valentine

Valentine

Being a doctor is always exhilarating.

There's never a dull moment.

Some people do it for the thrill and the adrenaline rush, some solely just to contribute to society.

Then there's people like me who do it for both. When life always seems to push you down, you can get a thrill from lifting other people up.

But when that adrenaline wears off, your left tired, and weak....which is exactly how I'm feeling now .

Luckily it's my lunch hour during yet another long shift, and today im spending it with Ethan.

Most of the time I spend it with the others, but if Ethan and I want to spend any time together, just us, then our lunch hour is the best for that. Although, we only do so about twice a week- or otherwise it would get suspicious.

Annnd as for where we are in our relationship?

Im not entirely sure.

That kiss in his apartment the other night, I was almost certain that he would push me away again...

But no.

He hasn't.

We're just waiting for the right time to talk about us, and with everything going on, I respect and understand that.

I yawned as I walked into the diagnostics office before tying my hair up.

"Hey..." I said softly as he looked up from his desk.

"Valerie. is it wednesday already?" he smiled.

I laughed and raised a brow. "Yes. but if you're busy....."

He got up as I turned around to 'leave' and he took my hand turning my around to him.

"anyone there?" he asked.

"No..." I smiled as he leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to my lips. I draped my arms over his shoulders as I kissed him back, just as gentle....

"Doctor Ramsey, you're in a good mood today." I said as he rested his forehead against mine.

"...just when your around." he smiled back and I kissed him again.

"You look tired..." He said as we parted.

"When am I not tired?" I sighed as I tightened my ponytail.

"You need to take care of yourself, Rookie. I know there's a lot happening at the moment, but being worn our won't help."

"I know....and that is why I am taking this time to rest."

"Yes yes. Eating and drinking is all very good, but you need sleep too." he raised his brow.