Chapter Four : Alex Roze Makes A Friend!

(Alex's pov)

I walked away from Haruhi-kun with a smile on my face.

We all had arrived about an hour ago and were staying in one of the rooms here at the academy.

That haruhi seemed really nice, a little weird though, wearing the whole cat costume and all.

But he seemed nice.

I hope Haley got me my information I asked for when I get to the room, I thought, as I maneuvered my way through the school hallways.

Where is that room again?

I took a second look at the academy's insides and admired it.

It was so fancy. Much fancier than my school or even the twins house.

I wonder who's family haruhi comes from...

I had wandered into another hallway I had never seen before and was starting to feel neverous.

I dug my phone out of my purse and dialed Haley's number quickly.

"Yes, miss? " she said over the phone.

"Umm, Haley, I think I'm lost. " I said.

She sighed.

"Stay right where you are. I'm looking up a map of the school on my laptop right now. Okay, got it. Describe where you are. "

"Umm... "

I looked around me.

"I'm in a long hallway. There's a bookcase beside me. It's very golden, Umm... There's a door beside me... "

"Okay. It can only be one of two locations. You're either on the second floor near the computer club or you're on the third floor near the black magic club. "

I shuddered.

"B-Black m-magic c-club... " I said, teeth chattering.

"It's just a hobby. It's not like its real or anything. " Haley said.

"H-H-hehe. If you say so... " I said and backed my way against the wall.

"Well, can you be a bit more specific? You may not be near the black magic club. " she said.

I smiled.

"Okay, more specific... "

I focused.

"There's a painting on the right side of the wall. It's a woman and child by a lake. It's in a sliver frame. " I said calmly.

"I have bad news and good news. Which one do you want to hear first? " she said.

"Good news. "

"I can get you out of there. "

"Yes! "

"The black magic club is right next to you. "

I fell down on my face and my phone flew out of my hand smashing onto the hard floor, breaking it.

Well, then.

I stood up and brushed some dust off my skirt and sighed, picking up the remains of my phone.

I could feel some tears spilling out of my eyes.

Really, Alex?

It's just a phone. It can be replaced...

"Are you okay? " I heard someone say.

I nodded yes without looking up.

"Why are you crying? " the person asked.

"It's stupid, really... " I said and looked up slowly and saw who I was talking to.

The person was a he and he was dressed in a long black cloak that just about covered every inch of his body and was holding a puppet that looked like a cat.

What's up with this school and cats?

There was also a strange darkness around him.

Wait, he's standing in the doorway of the black magic club...

"Umm... Are you a part of the black magic club? " I asked neverously.

"I'm the president. " he said quietly.

"A-are you gonna cast a curse on me?" I asked.

"Not unless you want me to. " he said.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Are you scared of me? " he asked curiously.

"No. I just was scared that you might curse me or something. Now that I know that you won't, I feel a lot safer. " I said and walked up to him.

"My name's Alex Roze.Pleased to meet you." I said with a smile.

"U-Umehito N-Nekozawa. " he stuttered out and shook my hand quickly.

"Umm, can I just call you nekozawa?" I said.

"Yes. "

"And can I ask you a favor? "

"What type of favor?"

"I'm new to this school and I'm visiting for a while so it would mean a lot to me if you'd show me around. I'm lost. " I said truthfully.

"I would love to, but there's one problem. " he said.

"What's the problem? "

"I can't stand the light. " he said neverously.

I thought about this and dug around in my purse and pulled out my blanket that I had brought on the plane.

"It's my little pony themed so I hope you're a brony. " I said smirking.

"W-what? " he said.

I put the small blanket over his head and tied it so it would stay.

"There. Now you're protected from the light but, there's still a hole so you can see. " I said.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him out from the doorway and closed the door behind him.

"Please, show me around? " I asked.

"Uh, O-Okay... " he said.

"Thanks. " I said.

"Umm, before we go anywhere can you tell me what you were crying about?" he said.

I laughed a little and showed him my broken phone.

"I fell down and it broke. I told you it was stupid. " I said.

"Maybe. But if it was so stupid then why were crying about it?" he asked.

My breath was caught in my throat.

"So, you're one of the few who see through me. " I said neverously.

"What do you mean? " he said.

I shook my head.

"Oh, nothing. Let's go. " I said and nekozawa led the way.