Chapter 3

6 months later

Naina is currently posted in Delhi HQ. She received a invite about a hearing. She opened the letter and realised it's the final hearing for Naveen's case.

Rajveer finally caught hold of the culprits and enough proofs to back up. He invited Naina and her family to the hearing.

Naina is so happy right now. He fulfilled his promise to her but it's not the reason for her happiness. Its because she can see her Rajveer sir again! How much she craved to see him.

She remembers the lonely nights when she sometimes sneaks to look at the locked room of Rajveer until that room is allocated to the new faculty.

She opened up that letter again and touch it with her trembling hands. She can never hold that letter with steady hands. This letter reminds her of the hurt she caused her Rajveer sir. Her Rajveer Sir who saved her from all the humiliation and problems in academy. Who stood for her all along.
—————————————————————————

Army court finally declared Naveen as a martyred and convicted Lala Gehlot.

Rajveer is looking distraught. His unkept look and long hairs can tell how much he worked on this case. He saw Naina and her parents being happy on Naveen's declaration as innocent.

He planned not to meet them afterwards as he was not able to meet their eyes but Naina's father called him before he can leave unnoticed.

Naina's Father: Captain Rajveer, thanks so much jo bhi aapne Naveen ke lie kia.

Rajveer looked at him with meek smile and pained eyes. But he didn't knew that Naina's parent's are aware about Naveen's death.

Naina's M: Beta, hum jante hai Naveen ki mout kaise hui thi. Lekin tum apne aapko dosh mat do. Humne recording suni hai, Naina ne hume sab bata dia. Tumne Naveen ko ek aasan mout di beta. Tumne use aur jillat se bachaya tha.

After hearing this Rajveer couldn't hold back his tears and Naveen's parents cried too. Meera hugged Rajveer and he cried like a baby in her arms.

Naina's F: Beta tum khud ko dosh mat do. Tumne na sirf Naveen ke lie balki Naina ke lie bhi bahut kuch kia hai. Hum bahut shukraguzaar hai tumhare.

Rajveer felt like the pain which has become a permanent resident in his heart is lessening. He looked at Naina and her smile told him that she forgave him too but he can see some other emotions in her eyes too. Guilt or something even softer that that, he is unable to tell. Currently he is happy to see her cadet singh again.
——————————————————————————

Naina's parents invited Rajveer to Nainital over the weekend for lunch.

He went there to see Naina is not present there. He is disappointed but somewhere relived also. He doesn't want her presence as it's so difficult to control his feelings around her.

The time when she smiled at him, the only thing he wanted to do was to hug her so tight that she can't feel anything except him.

But he have to control such feelings. She was her student and even though she might not hate him now but it doesn't mean that she will love him.

Naina's mother made an amazing meal. Rajveer loved the food and complimented her for the food so many times.

After lunch, they are having coffee and Naina's father finally touched the subject they wanted to discuss with Rajveer.

Naina's F: Rajveer beta hum tumse kuch bat karna chahte hai. Koi jabardasti nai hai. Tum aaram se soch samajh ke jawab dena.

Rajveer looked at Shekhar with questioning eyes.

Naina's F: Hum Naina ki shadi karna chahte hai. Uske KMA join karne se pahle se rishta dhundh rahe hai.

Rajveer didn't understand why they are saying all this to him. May be they wanted him to help them find the right guy for Naina.

Naina's M: Beta Naveen to ab vapas nai aayega par humne Shayad humesha apne damad me uski parchai dhundhni chahi. Pahle to Naveen ke case ki vajah se ache rishte nai milte the fir kuch ache rishte mile bhi lekin Naina ya hume vo Naveen ki kami humesha khalti rahi.

Naina's F: Naina bhi har rishte ko mana kar deti hai. Use bhi shayad apne bhai ki tarah ek perfect gentleman ki talash hai un ladko me Shayad use kabhi mila hi nai.

Naina's M: Beta jab hum tumse mile the na tab hi humne tumhari aakhon me Naina ke lie kuch dekha tha. Aur dheere dheere Naina ki baaton se humne samajh lia ki tum hi vo insaan ho jise vo apne jeevanasathi me dhundhti hai.

Rajveer was now stunned at their proposal. How can Naina feels this way about him, he is her brother's murderer. He is her teacher. He never felt such emotions in her eyes except may be on that day in court...

Naina's F: hum samajh rahe hai ki tum dono bahut waqt se touch me nai ho. Agar tumhari zindagi me koi aur hai to Hume maf karna par agar nai hai to kya tum is bare me sochoge?

Rajveer: Uncle aise bat nai hai. I mean I am still single par Naina aur mai....

Naina's M: Beta hum Naina ko khush dekhna chahte hai. Aur jab se Naveen gaya hai uske chehre par khushi humne bas tumhari baaten karte hue dekhi hai. Naina ki khushi sirf uske Rajveer Sir hi hai, aisa to uske dost bhi kahte hai. Lekin hum tum par kuch force nai karna chahte. Tum soch lo.

Rajveer is in shock. He knew the importance he hold for Naina before and yes he can bring smile to her face when no one can. But now things have changed, does he still can make her happy?

Rajveer: Uncle aapne Naina se kabhi is bare me bat ki hai? I mean uski zindagi shayad koi hoga ye bhi to ho sakta hai.

Naina's F: Han beta. Agar Naina ki zindagi me koi hota na to hum khushi khushi uski shadi usse karva dete. Par uski zindagi utni hi viraan hai jaise ki shayad tumhari hai Naveen ke bad.

Rajveer understood what he is trying to say. But if he can bring a smile to Naina's face how can he will not do it. After all didn't it is the only thing which brings any meaning to his life, a single word, "Naina".

He made his decision but is skeptical about Naina's response. So he decided to put the ball in Naina's court.

Rajveer: Uncle aap ye bat Naina se kar lijiye. Agar vo tyar hai is rishte ke lie to mujhe bhi koi aitraaz nai hoga. Par mujhe lagta hai ki aapke Naina ko samajhne me kuch galti ki hai. Naina aur mai...hum dono ke bich aisa kabhi kuch nai tha...

Naina's M: hum jante hai Capt. Hum Naina se bat karke aapko bata denge. Thank you for considering this.

Naina's F: Han Capt. Naina humari ikalauti bacchi hai aur hum use kabhi kisi aise insan ke sath nai dekh sakte jo use deserve hi nai karta.

Rajveer left from there confused why her parents suggested this relationship but very sure that Naina will surely reject it.