Chapter 6 #SidNaazInPunjab

The moon showed the last in Bombay and Shehnaaz was getting bored.. She kept lingering from one room to another…
“Shehnaaz zyada daud bhag mat kar, thak jaegi bhook lagegi..”
“Kuch to karu Sidharth, mai bore ho rahi hu.. Koi kaam bhi nai karne de rahe Maa mujhe..”
He nodded his head and let her do whatever she wanted to.. “Mehendi bhi nai laga payi mai..” she said with a sad pout, “Baby please don’t pout right now otherwise I will eat your lips right now..”
She blushed and her pout turned into a smile and she kept doing her stuff..
“Aaja hamare VMs dekhe..” said Sidharth making Shehnaaz way toooo happy.. She jumped with happiness and settled next to him on the floor.. They saw the one in which they weren’t talking for a week before her birthday and what all things Sidharth said to her.. Guilt ran through him again and Shehnaaz felt a pain in her heart but as she looked at him, She forgot her pain looking at him like that..
“Why are you with me?? Han? Kyu?” He asked, more frustrated with himself..
“Sidharth, chor na.. Kyu jaa raha hai wapas BB me.. Jaane de na..”
“Ye sawal nai tha Shehnaaz..”
“Sidharth, Aaj kya jawab diya tha sham me? Bhul gaya.. Pyaar bas ho jata hai.. Ab kya karu agar teri har boli baat ko mai samjh jati hu.. Tere bolne ka matlab kya hota hai ye mujhe samjh aata hai.. Kab tu cheeze mean karta hai, kab nai karta hai ye sab janti hu mai.. Tune mujhe pyar me bharosa dilaya hai.. Tune mujhe pyar diya hai.. Mai likh ke bol sakti hu ki tu zyada pyar karta hai.. Mai bhi bho karti hu lekin jitna tu mujhe pyar karta hai utna koi kisi se nai kar sakta.. Us hafte jo tune bola jo kiya, wo tujhe pata bhi nai tha.. Us baat ko leke abhi kyu sochna hai tujhe? Lockdown ka time bhul gaya? Itna kuch humne solve kiya, aur jaane ek dusre ko, fir bhi tujhe ye trigger kyu kar raha hai.. I Love You Sidharth, aur hamesha karungi.. Koi reason nai chahiye tujhse pyar karne ke liye.. Tu mera hi hai, isliye tujhse pyar kiya..”
Mom was listening to this but didn’t go there to give them their space.. “Shehnaaz.!” He couldn’t say anything else and wrapped his arms around her and hugged her.. She rubbed his back and kissed his neck..
“Bass.. Shant ho ja.. Dekh tere dil ki dhadkan kaise tez ho gayi hai.. Relax kar Putthu..”
“Shehnaaz, Maine Mom ke alawa kabhi nai socha tha ki koi mujhse aisa pyar karega.. Tu jitna bardash karti hai na mera gussa, mera chid chidh.. Utna kabhi koi nai kar sakta.. Mai darta tha pehle, kahi tu chale to nai jaegi chor ke.. Lekin aisa hua nai, tu khadi rahi mere sath, mere liye hamesha.. I can’t thank god enough, for sending You in my life and letting me know that You are my life, Shehnaaz! Tere naam hai meri zindagi..”
He wiped her tears and kissed her eyes and her cheeks.. “Tu chup kyu ho gayi hai? maine kuch galat bola kya?” asked Sidharth nervously taking her in his embrace..
“Nai nai Sidharth, kuch galat nai bola.. Sab kuch aise bola tune ki mai speechless ho gayi hu.. Sachi.. Tune bho khush kar diya hai.. Bhot zyada…”
She kissed his forehead and they were just sitting and She showed him the VMs she loved and they smiled looking at their moments..
Mom came in and held both their hands and gestured them to stand and the trio hugged each other..
“Kya hua Mom?” asked Sidharth once they pulled out of the hug and she just blessed them, “Kuch nai hua.. Bas itne time tum dono yaha they aur ab kal jane wale ho to bas..”
“Oh Mom, We will be calling you na, Please relax..”
Shehnaaz was overwhelmed with the way Mom was attached to her in such short span.. She hugged Mom again as she couldn’t say anything much.. Sidharth’s confession, Mom’s confession and everything was making her speechless..
“Tum dono baitho, Mai Preeti ke pass se aati hu..”
Mom left and Sidharth looked at Shehnaaz and wasn’t adjusting with her silence more..
“Baby kuch bol na..”
“Thank You Sidharth, Tere pyaar ke sath sath puri family dene ke liye.. Mai janti hu niece(I am not naming the niece because I don’t know the real name..) ka koi project nai  tha.. Wo tu mujhe mana raha tha..”
Sidharth was stunned and she continued, “Tujhe to pata hona chahiye mai kaise observe karti hu..”
“Thanks to You Baby for accepting my family and treating them with so much love and warmth.. We are one big family now..”
He said and hugged her and she rested her head on his chest.. It was a different kind of feeling..
Mom came home and saw sidharth in deep thought and Shehnaaz was nowhere to be seen..
“Arey Mom, aap aa gaye.. Baith jao thodi der, bhot time se you are working..”
“Shehnaaz kaha hai?”
Sidharth chuckled softly, “Chand ka wait karte karte so gayi.. Kamre me leta ke aaya hu..”
“I am so happy and proud of both you.. Really..”
“Aisa kyu? I mean, kuch khas reason aaj achanak aise bole ke liye..”
“I heard your conversation; I felt the growth in both of you.. In life, Love is very important.. and the way ahh! I am at short of words.. That’s how special your bond is. Beta, cherish her, take care of her and never let her go.. She might seem immature some times but she is the one for you son. Keep her safe and happy.. That is your utmost duty..”
“I promise Mom.”
The night was dark and the moon was visible, thankfully Sidharth woke her up a good haf an hour before and that’s when she did her makeup..
(I am doing a very private, Covid Karwachauth.. In the Balcony and only Mom Sidharth and Shehnaaz are in it.)
“Bacho, chalo chand nikal aaya..” called Mom and they walked in. Shehnaaz covered her head with the Pallu of her Sari and held the Puja ki Thali in her hand..
They prayed for each other’s long and life and Mom’s long life too.. they never left her alone, always the trio seemed to be together.
Shehnaaz did aarti of the Moon and then came to Sidharth.. His deep intense eyes were stuck to her… she blushed while doing his arti.. She was about to bend down to touch his feet when he stopped her by holding her arms and kissed her forehead..
“Meri Jaan, Aise hi khush reh, mere sath reh..” He said and she looked at the moon through the sieve and then at Sidharth.. He smiled at her and she prayed for his long life yet again..
He made her drink water with his hands and she held his hand and made him drink it too.. He fed her a sweet so did she.. She kept the Puja Thali on the table and they both touched Mom’s feet asking for blessings..
“Bas bas, chalo ab, khana laga hua hai.. Mere dono bache bhot strong aur bhot pyare ho..”
They sat to eat and Mom took food in one plate and fed both of her kids.. she was emotional because they would be leaving for Punjab the next morning.. they went home and slept! Sidharth’s gift? TBC!!!!