chapter three

{5.2K words}

<author's pov>

"What you did was unbelievably stupid! The first time you're allowed to go out alone since the accident, and you pull this!" Her brother yelled as he drove down the road, holding her by the back of her shirt and keeping her sitting up in the passenger seat, her body trying to slump over.

All she did was get drunk and stay out a little later than they anticipated. Whenever they get mad, they always bring up that stupid accident as a reminder. It was starting to piss her off.

...flashback...

"Y/N! Come out from wherever you're hiding!" Little Y/N hiding under her bed cowering in fear. Her back was pressed firmly against the wall, she wished that her quirk allowed her to disappear, or at least shrink. Her father had been drinking again and started to complain about how much he hated her 'bitch of a mother' for leaving him. Y/N grilling him about when she would be coming back, three sharp slaps to the face later and she was under the bed. She only had a few more minutes to wait it out, until her brother was home from football practice, he could use his quirk and lull their father to sleep. His empath quirk allowed him to use his hands and manipulate someone into doing something, he'd mostly been using it for their dad though. Their shithead of a dad, had an emotional quirk. He could take his raw emotions and turn them into power. Not really a good thing when all he felt was anger. 

Just a few more minutes. He'd be home and the nightmare would be over.

"Y/N! Get your ass out here or I swear you're gonna get it good!" He bellowed, his voice making her cover her mouth to stop herself from whimpering out loud. She could hear him slam and throw things around in the living room looking for her. He was becoming more and more unhinged making his way down the hallway, screaming her name. She shrank her body further into the corner, her butt hitting the wall. He passed by the room, slurring loudly; she let out a sigh of relief at him passing the room. Unfortunately, he heard her and came back to the room, looking for her, snatching open the closet door and throwing stuff off of her dresser and onto the floor. She could see his large feet from under her bed, he was definitely pissed off. Her heart fell from her chest when she heard him whisper her name, chuckling at his discovery. His fingers grasped the base of her bed, flipping it to the side of the room exposing her. Instead of cowering like she normally would have done, she shot him with a small gust of wind, lightly pushing him back and sprinting to the front door, desperate to get away from him.

At her young age, the gust of wind wasn't as strong as the other elements, and using them made her get very drained very quickly, and even then it wasn't enough to stop him. Just as her hand reached the handle, he pulled her by her hair and flung her away from the door. She scrambled to get away, kicking herself back, only he was on her, way too quickly. 

"Daddy! You don't have to do this!" She screamed, her tears blurring her vision but still seeing the menacing figure hovering above her.

"Stand up!" He calmly stated, but his expression was anything but.

"It won't happen again. I promise I won't ask about her again!" She screeched, still scrambling back and not standing up.

"You stupid or something? I said get your ass up!" He barked, grabbing her by her arms and bear hugging her into submission. His hand slapping her face left and right until her nose ran red, the more he hit her, the louder she cried and the louder she cried the angrier he got. Her head felt dizzy as he dropped her, satisfied with his work. He murmured something about the situation being her fault. She cried loudly, rolling herself into the fetus position and bawling.