Godric

Godric stared behind him at Salazar, who was slowly getting smaller as the carriage moved Godric farther and farther away from the home he had known his whole life.

He took a deep breath and turned his head to look straight, because no matter how bad he felt, he wouldn't let his family know how scared he truly was.

He sat in the carriage, staring out at the passing scenery. Watching the home he'd known all his life slowly disappear, replacing itself with a whole new world of possibilities.

Finally, after hours full of a bumpy carriage ride they came upon a large school that cast its shadow over Godric and the rest of his family.

The place looked intimidating, and the boy took in a deep breath before grabbing his things and turning to attempt farewells for his family.

"Mum and dad, goodbye." His mother squeezed his shoulder, and his father solemnly nodded.

Then Godric turned towards his younger sister and brother, "Katerina and Damian, be good and help around the house, alright?" He said, and the two of them nodded. They sniffled, and little tears began to run down their cheeks. "It's alright! Be brave for me, can you do that?" He asked them, kneeling to their eye level, "You've got to fight off the monsters and protect our home!" Damian's tears dried, and a fierceness filled his expression. "I'll keep all the muggles off our land!" Godric chuckled and stood back up.

He turned to face the school, he had said his goodbyes, and now it was time to be brave himself.

Life and studies weren't the same as they were back home. There were no more late night or early morning rambles about the forest with Salazar, now Godric had to spend his time locked away in a classroom.

Time outdoors was spent in organized lines through the grounds, which were surrounded by a tall stone wall.

Life was mundane and lacked the adventure he found when running about and causing mayhem with Salazar, who he tried his best to forget.

Life away from his family wasn't hard because he knew that when he came back, they'd be there, but who would Salazar become while he was away? Would he have replaced him or would he have completely changed? The very thought of losing his best friend nearly brought Godric to a panic.

Only a month into school, Godric had secured himself a group of loyal followers, who'd sneak out past curfew with him or take the blame for his pranks on the teachers.

He had (almost) successfully pushed Salazar from his head, but every once in a while, he'd spot an old cave or hidden river in the woods, and remember his days spent back at the hollow.

Still, his months spent at school filled Godric with a manly confidence in himself. He felt as if nothing could touch him, and his group of followers confirmed that to him.

When the school year ended, Godric received a dozen invitations to spend the summer with them, but he politely declined. He wouldn't mind spending the summer in Italy or an island in Greece, but he was ready to go home and see Salazar, whom he had missed dearly.