Forty Eight

Seth practically showed no reaction as Stone wrapped a bandage around his waist. Eyes, Zayn, Lin and a lot of other Captains were in the room watching him and making Seth roll his eyes.

"It was just a bullet graze. Zayn was just been dramatic" Seth said as John Wick sighed.

"Whatever. The last time you got hurt in a mission was probably your first mission" John Wick said and Seth chuckled.

"Have you sent the Minister back?" Seth asked and Eyes nodded.

"He's a tough man though. We contacted the Inspector General and we sent the Minister back to him" Eyes replied and Seth nodded.

"The chip?" Seth asked.

"Safe" Eyes replied as Seth nodded.

"Check who allowed them to pass through the borders. Abuijeer has one of richest security due to the chip that was with him. They provided him with more security" Seth said as Eyes nodded.

"I understand. I'll check for it" Eyes replied as John Wick pursed his lips.

"I hate insiders the most. Fucking bastards" He said and Seth chuckled.

"Check where Minister Alawiye was yesterday as well" Seth said as Eyes furrowed his brows.

"Minister Alawiye?" Eyes asked and Seth nodded.

"Yes. See if he never left his office" Seth replied and Eyes nodded.

"Understood"

"Just in case. Take some rest and have some sleep. Your food will be delivered to you" Stone said and Seth leaned back on the bed turning his back to everyone as they walked outside the ward.

"Nobody enters" John Wick told the Agents who saluted him and stood at the both sides of the door to Seth's ward.

Feranmi bit her lower lip anxiously as she watched the Captains walk out of Seth's ward as they talked.

She wasn't friends with anyone of them that she could walk up to and ask them if Seth was okay. The ones she knew? She had given them all a bad impression before leaving and Feranmi was so embarrassed to ask them.

It was like her heart had stopped when Zayn had told Seth that he was bleeding. Different thoughts had ran through her mind at that moment. She had rushed out of the watch tower, not knowing where to go to.

She didn't know how the plane took off, it was only natural she didn't know where it was going to land. Anxious and jittery, she paced around the corridor following Stone when he ran out of his department.

Since when she had taken a break, she didn't visit even once. She didn't want to. She couldn't bring herself to come. She missed him greatly.

His cold voice, his blank face, his dark eyes and him. She missed watching him while he didn't notice, she missed him a lot.

When she came back to the base; she had tried not to look at him, she had tried not to stare at him, she had tried not to walk up to him and wrap her hands around him.

He didn't even spare her a glance that made her mood even worse. She was angry with herself for liking someone who didn't give two damns about her. She was angry at herself for being angry at Seth.

As she watched him on the screen, she couldn't help but marvel. The girls couldn't stop commenting at both his and Zayn's skills. It was the first time she was seeing him in real life combat after the day of her first mission.

Whether he liked her back or not; Feranmi already realized that she couldn't stop liking or loving him. It was her destiny. No matter how hard she tried to stop, she just couldn't.

"Why are you crying? Are you okay?" Someone asked as Feranmi quickly wiped her eyes as she turned to the Captains who were staring at her.

"Can I see him?" Feranmi asked in a small voice ad Eyes nodded.

"Sure" he said as Feranmi walked briskly towards his ward. She sucked in her breath as she opened the door and stepped in.

Seth didn't turn to see who had entered his ward. He laid on his bed without saying anything. When he noticed the other party wasn't saying or doing anything he turned and froze upon seeing Feranmi.

"What are you doing here?" Seth asked as Feranmi pursed her lips.

"Are you okay?" Feranmi asked as tears pooled at her eyes again.

"It was just a bullet graze, nothing serious" Seth replied as he laid back on his bed and stared at Feranmi without saying anything.

Feranmi swallowed her saliva seeing that Seth was staring at her without saying anything.

"I'm sorry" Feranmi said her voice soft and low. She didn't think she could go on if he continued ignoring her.

"For what? Why are you sorry?" Seth asked slowly and Feranmi pursed her lips willing for her tears not to fall.

"I was rude the last time. I didn't think and disrespected my Captain. I apologize" Feranmi replied as she turned to Seth.

Her eyes had turned watery and her eyes glittered as a lone tear ran down her cheeks. Seth watched her without saying a word.

"I'm reall, really, really sorry. I just lost it for a moment" Feranmi added as she tried to wipe the tears that were running down her cheeks in torrents.

"I sincerely apologise and promise that it will not happen again in the future" Feranmi said again as Seth rubbed his forehead.

"Its okay and stop crying. You don't look good" Seth said as Feranmi froze at Seth's reply.

"You forgive me?" Feranmi asked in a small voice and Seth chuckled.

"Yeah. Just stop crying" Seth replied as Feranmi asked wiped her tears as she stared at Seth.

"Captain Pentecost, can I ask for a favour?" Feranmi asked in a small voice as Seth pursed his lips.

"A favour?" Seth asked and Feranmi nodded.

"Yes. A favour from you" Feranmi replied as Seth shrugged his shoulders and nodded.

"I'm listening" Seth replied as he turned to her.

"Captain Pentecost, can I please hug you? Just this once?" Feranmi asked.