Forty Nine

Seth blinked at Feranmi clearly surprised as Feranmi pursed her lips. He sat up on the bed as he stared at Feranmi without saying anything.

Both stared at each other, their eyes probing as if they wanted answers behind thier eyes. Seth sighed as he rubbed his forehead.

"Agent 14, who am I?" Seth asked as Feranmi pursed her lips not saying anything.

"14, I asked you a question" Seth said as Feranmi swallowed her saliva.

"Who am I, Agent 14?" Seth asked as Feranmi sucked in a breath.

"To everyone else, you are Captain Pentecost but to me...... " Feranmi replied as she trailed off.

"To you? Who am I to you?" Seth asked again.

"The one who matters the most to me" Feranmi replied and Seth froze.

"Come again. What did you just say?" Seth asked.

"I said you are the one that means the most to me" Feranmi replied again as she stared at Seth. Seeing that his eyes still remained indifferent, she pursed her lips.

"Come here" Seth said as Feranmi walked closer to him. Seth picked her by her collar as he dragged her towards him before crashing his lips on hers.

Feranmi was stunned as soon as Seth's lips fell on hers. His tongue moved skillfully in her mouth as Feranmi stared at him wide eyed.

"You close your damn eyes when kissing" Seth's voice resounded in her ears and that was when Feranmi came back to her sense.

She immediately wrapped her hands around his neck as she kissed him back furiously as she tried to stand on her toes since the hospital bed was a little higher.

Both tongues woved around each other, their spit mixed as they continued kissing. No one was trying to win, they just kissed as their bodies demanded. And since both bodies had been demanding it for a long time, the ability to stop came down to zero.

Seth was the first to break the kiss as he pulled Feranmi for a hug. He wrapped his hands around her waist and placed his head on her shoulders.

"I'm sorry" Seth whispered as Feranmi wrapped her hands around him too.

"I'm sorry for not saying anything" Seth added as Feranmi sniffed.

"I like you, a lot. A whole lot but you never took a second glance at me, you never paid attention to me, there were times I would even think that I was a pest to you" Feranmi said her voice mournful and Seth chuckled slightly.

"You are always around me, if you were a pest; you still wouldn't be around me all these while" Seth said as Feranmi blinked her eyes.

"If I didn't pay attention to you, there's no way you would have ended up in my camp. I paid you a lot of attention 14, you just didn't notice" Seth added as he adjusted his head Feranmi's shoulder.

"I never took a second glance at you. I took third, fourth, fifth, sixth. My eyes were always on you. Always; they were always on you" Seth said as he sighed.

Feranmi found herself tongue tied at Seth's words. Different scenes replayed in her head and Feranmi discovered a lot of abnormalities. Whenever she needed help; he was always there for her.

He was the one who saved her when she almost got killed in the L&D ring. He was also the one who saved her when she fainted, the one who saved her during her first mission.

Feranmi wrapped her hands around Seth more tighter. How come she never noticed all these?  Yet she was so focused on him and the things he did yet she never noticed. What if Seth didn't point them out to her?

"You were always there, how come I never noticed?" Feranmi asked as she tried to blink her tears back but they failed her as a tear slid down her cheek. More tears ame running down her cheeks.

"What did I say about you crying?" Seth asked as the door opened and a worried looking Frederick entered.

"What are you doing here? I thought you had something to do in Cali" Seth asked as his hand around Feranmi's waist loosened.

"Are you okay? I heard you got shot" Fredrick asked as he walked towards Seth and checked his bandage.

"Who said I got shot? It was just a bullet graze, besides I'm fine now" Seth replied as Fredrick turned to him.

"What were you thinking about that you didn't even notice that a bullet had grazed you?" Fredrick asked as Seth frowned at him.

"Now, you are been plain ass annoying" Seth said as he scowled.

"That's no way to talk to your elder brother" Fredrick said and Feranmi's eyes widened at Fredrick's words.

"Whatever. I'm fine" Seth said and Fredrick nodded as he rubbed his forehead.

"Don't make me worried okay?" Fredrick asked and Feranmi was shocked to see Seth wear  slight smile.

"I won't. Have you finished your business in Cali?" Seth asked as Fredrick nodded.

"Yes. The rest are finishing up. They should be back here by tomorrow evening" Fredrick replied as he slid his hands into his pockets.

"I'll check on you later" Fredrick said as he glanced at Feranmi before walking outside.

"Commander Fredrick is your elder brother?" Feranmi asked and Seth nodded as he laid back on the bed.

Feranmi dragged the seat closer to the bed as she sat down, placing her hands on the bed.

"Really?" Feranmi asked still surprised.

"The same father but different mothers" Seth replied as Feranmi gulped.

"So he's your step brother?" Feranmi asked and Seth rolled his eyes.

"Why are you asking the obvious? If we have the same father bit different mothers, of course we are step brothers" Seth replied as Feranmi burst into laughter.

"What's funny?" Seth asked.

"You sounding sarcastic" Feranmi replied as she burst into laughter again as she tried to stop laughing seeing that Seth was not getting the joke.

"So wait, you didn't get the joke?" Feranmi asked as Seth shook his head.

"No I didn't"