Chapter 17

Giving in to Glossie's request.

     Glossie called me for dinner with two of her friends.  I thought there was really no harm it if go.It would alright to bring back the usual friendship I had with her sister. Glossie witnessed how close was I  with her sister.
     She fetched me from my work and Luke said he will also come and follow.  Glossie was reluctant to make him come but Giddy came in and rejoiced knowing that his Father will be coming to see him.
     Glossie arrived earlier than my log out time.  There was no time for me to fix myself.  Golda was  with Glossie manly dressed in  her favorite   faded  Levi's denims and a white polo shirt. I was about to hop in on their new Innova  when Luke  parked his black Fortuner in front of  asked me ride on his vehicle .  I can sense enmity between the estranged couple and I joined my co workers in the company car.  Glossie also invited the group on her birthday celebration. It' s been years since I joined Golda on a celebration like this. Glossie at 60 wants me to celebrate with her.
     We reached her home bright with sparkling lights and Giddy was wide awake came to greet me and excitedly asked for his Daddy.  Luke arrived shortly after we did with his driver and right hand man.  Glossie came out and I was surprised that this time she was in a tight fitting sequined red dress, her bossom slightly revealed. The men at the party were astonished with her feminine display.  She asked the band to play the music with what seemed to be their love song.  She went to Luke and asked him for a dance.  The man politely obliged but brought her back to her seat. No other man attempted to have the next dance and Glossie got another glass of vodka and headed to her room
      Golda came  but this time dressed like a man in black tuxedo.  She went to me and asked for a dance to a Barry Mannilow our favorite love song.
     I did not know what she was driving at.  It was her  sister's birthday and I don't want her to get disappointed and spoil the party.
      Glossie got the reaction she wanted  from Luke and he pulled me away from her.  Golda might had enough of the wine she drank that she became tipsy and bubbly. She announced " This is the best day of my life with my first true love now the woman in the life of my brother in law " and laughed out loud .  Luke came to my rescue and  asked to bring me home after the dinner.  Golda now slowly going back to her senses after a cup of  black coffee came to me and again apologized for not being able to handle the situation quite well.  Luke told her to rest and pulled me to go home. 
     Giddy still awake ran towards his Dad and asked if he can come, he is afraid of his Mom when he sees her drunk like this.  Luke lifted him and told him to ask permission from his mother. Instead of saying Yes, Glossie got a stick and slapped the boy's fingers.  Giddy cried out loud"Daddy! Daddy!" Golda came to rescue him from his mother and Giddy shouted " I hate you Mommy!" again and again. Golda afterall was a loving aunt. Glossie did not like the defense of her younger sister  of the little boy. This had sparked a row between them exchanging foul words  against each other. I was embarrassed to witness such a quarrel. As they say blood is thicker than water, Golda looked at me with enmity now.
   Giddy' s behavior infuriated  Glossie and put the blame on Luke's giving in to Giddy's wishes and prohibited Luke from seeing him either at his office or at home until they reached a court battle.
     Glossie has a friend at the Social Work  Services  and she got their favor Giddy being less than seven years of age. 
     Luke got a high caliber lawyer and was able to defend his right as a father for a fair chance   The court decided that he be given a fair chance to spend some time with his son.
     Luke fetches his son every weekend.  Giddy requested his father to take him to the beach. Luke called me and invited me to come with him and Giddy. So off we went to Anilao, Batangas which about three hours drive from the city.