Chapte24

Midnight Visit
     The night was cold and I was unable to sleep when a silent knock was heard frommy door. Luke said he wanted to check on Giddy.  Seeing him covered with a blanket made him feel secured of his son. Gently, he kissed him on the forehead and whispered "Daddy is always here son."
     Luke noticed me observing him. Pulled me close to him and asked "Will you be a mother to Giddy? " I told him Giddy has only one mother and nobody can replace her but I am very much willing to look after him" Luke said he is not asking me to be a nanny but to partner his Daddy in taking care of him.  I looked at him and answered with the question "Are you kidding?" He took my hand" I've never been more serious. I have loved you the moment I  laid my eyes on you and the way you treat my son make me love you more"and again pulled me much closer.
"Is this a dream?" and pinched myself. No woman can resist a man such as Luke with a cute adorable son.
     I cannot just say Yes. I smiled and said How can I resist and we embraced til Giddy woke up smiling and asked "Did she agree to become my Mommy?" The loving Father mushed his curly hair.
Giddy called me Mommy Jilly from then on.
     We continued our tour the following day but Glossie would not let Giddy come without her especially when she heard the boy call me with a new monicker.