hajime 3

nagito's got to stop making me feel bad for not talking to him. ok, that sounded a bit fucked up. i'll start over.
i've got to stop feeling bad for nagito when i go to talk to other people and not him. there, that's better.
but though, i always feel bad. it's not like nobody else is going to. i'm such a dick.

       i was having fun on the beach with everyone else. mahiru took a picture of all of us. i glanced out at the ocean and saw nagito just floating on his back. he noticed me and waved. i gave him an awkward smile back.
i don't know why i'm so awkward with him. i should be nicer. i looked away from him and turned back to the rest of the group who was getting ready for another photo.

       the others eventually all went back into the water, but i stayed on the beach with chiaki.

"chiaki?" i asked, "what should i do?"

"about what?"

"you don't know about the situation?" i thought it was obvious.

"no..can you tell me though?" she said.

"about..me and nagito? what should i do?" maybe that'll clear it up.

"oh. are you two dating?" she asked.

"no. no. we're not dating," i answered.

"so then what do you want advice on? do you like him? or will he not leave you alone?"

       saying this out loud was going to be a lot harder than i thought.

"i-well..it's complicated.." i started, "i guess maybe you could say i like him a little bit..."

"do you want advice on how to ask him out?" she said, looking a bit excited, "do you think he likes you back?"

"chiaki we've um..we've slept together. i think the answer is yes."

"you-you what? good for you but please no details."

"oh-you think i meant-no! no that's not what i meant! we didn't do that!" my face was red from embarrassment.

"you're the second person who's thought that," i said.

"second? who else did you tell?"

"i didn't tell him, but kazuichi barged into my cottage while we were laying together. that day when both nagito and i were late to breakfast, that was why."

       my chest did feel a little lighter after admitting all that stuff. i only told a half-truth though.

       i didn't like him just a little bit.

//i'm not gonna apologize for this being cringy. i warned you at the start//