Neglecting Your Husband || Jeon Jungkook

– soft angst content –

*********************************************

You just walked into your home after finishing a long and tiring work day. It was the first Friday of the month which you and your husband Jungkook, always kept free to invite over his two best friends, Seokjin and Taehyung and their wives.

Home life had increasingly changed the older your daughter got who currently was eight months old. Jungkook was an extremely affectionate man and although you're not a cold woman, you definitely weren't as 'loving' as he is. He was also extremely jealous and had progressively gotten more and more jealous of your daughter due to how affectionate you were with her.

You always wanted a baby girl as every woman in your family had girls first so when you heard you were pregnant with a girl, you couldn't have been more happier. It isn't a lie that you gave most of your attention to her and Jungkook would complain every now and then because he just want a little bit more then the dry spell you were giving him.

"Mama!" Dae squealed when she saw you walking into qthe living room where she was currently crawling around. You quickly rushed over and picked her up in your arms, kissing her sweetly on her cheek and loving how she began to giggle from all the kisses you gave her.

"See what I mean! She loves her more then me!" Jungkook whined from the arm chair where he was sitting. His words were directed to his friends and their wives who just sat there thinly smiling, unsure of what to say.

"Oh stop it Jungkook." You hissed at him before going back to playing around with your daughter in your arms.

"Look... she keeps calling me Jungkook!" He lifted out his hand, pointing it to me to show how I was acting. He then moved his gaze to directly address me. "What happened to Kook or Kookie? I can't even remember the last time you called me baby or sweetheart."

It's true, all completely true. Jungkook's affectionate side had an affect on you while you were with him and it wasn't long into your relationship that you started calling him various nicknames and only ever called him Jungkook when you were angry at him.

But these days you weren't angry at him... no.

You were neglecting him and it only just hit you how much you had been disregarding him.

"Baby I... I'm so sorry." You barely got out in a hushed whisper before dropping your gaze down to look at your feet.

Jungkook stood up from the couch and made his way over to you, placing a hand on your waist while the other grabbed your daughters hand to begin playing with it. "I just miss you. I miss my wife, the mother of my child, the love of my life..."

When you looked up at him, you saw how upset and disappointed he was and it only caused your heart to pulsate even more in pain. You hurt him deeply by maintaining all your attention on the little girl in your arms and you were determined to make it better.

"Hey guys." You said, addressing the other people in the room. "Do you mind if we reschedule tonight? I think I need to spend some time with my husband."

"Of course!" Namjoon's wife cheerfully agreed, earning nods from everyone else.

"If you want, we're happy to babysit Dae tonight." Namjoon suggested. "We'll take care of her and you can come by tomorrow at whatever time to pick her up. It sounds like the two of you need alone time without this little one getting in the way." Namjoon had walked over and was within reach to start gently tickling her belly which made her erupt in a series of delicious giggles.

It warmed your heart to hear her voice but right now you needed to focus all your attention on somebody else.

"I owe you big time! Let me go pack a bag for her."

After leaving the room for about ten minutes you came back with a packed baby bag with all the essentials that they would need. Namjoon and his wife had babysat Dae before and even had her overnight so there was no real need to go over night time routines with them... they already knew.

Dae thankfully welcome them with open arms and didn't make a fuss when she was set in her baby seat in their car, happily waving goodbye to you and your husband as they drove away.

You turned to face Jungkook who was smiling down tenderly at you but began to smirk once your hands began to run up his chest, excitement fuelling his mind with just a simple touch by you.

"Now what am I going to do with you tonight."

*********************************************