10 | Meeting Her

It's been a few months since I started working at Oceania. All these times, I had travelled a couple of times with Professor Rain, Antonio and Emerald.

Emerald, or Em as she had asked me to call her, and I are now friends. After that day, she apologized and we quickly hit it off, seeing that we share the same passion. She is a couple of years older than me but that's not a problem at all.

Antonio has been a bit too clingy since he saw Em and I spending too much time together. Miguel and Kengi were quick to accept her in our little happy group and so, we hung out a lot when we did not have work, which is very rare.

"Mr. Lu- Antonio, can you please stop following me?" I sigh as I watch the blue-eyed man accompany me to my apartment.

He has been doing that since he located my apartment. If you want to reach there quickly, the shortcut is the dangerous alleys but if you wanna take your time, might as well drive there. Right now, I just want to go home and fall asleep, so I am taking the short route but Antonio caught up with me and now, we both are walking to our place.

"Antonio, it's fine, you know? I have walked this route a lot of times," I argue with him but he stays silent, making me huff angrily.

I stop walking, and after a few moments, he realizes that too. He sighs heavily and turns towards me so that I can give him a piece of my mind but we were cut off by a sudden sound.

"HELP!"

A feminine shout rang in the alleys. Both of our eyes widen and we run towards the sounds that are coming from a different alley.

Our footsteps seem to startle them as the cries seize for a few minutes before a scream comes from the same place. Antonio and I stop just in front of the alley and my eyes widen in horror at the scene.

A knife was lodged into a guy's hand and he was whimpering very loudly while blood gushed out of the wound and pooled in front of him. A woman with a tear-stricken face lay on the ground, panting heavily and another guy had his hand under her skirt and a few more holding the woman down.