Chapter 3

POV- Ella

" Two weeks ago, the personal assistant to the managing director ' Mr Adebayo ' resigned.

She was relocating abroad with her spouse so she informed the MD a month before she left but he thought he could convince her to stay.

considering the position was a delicate one he wanted me taking her place temporarily since I was his Secretary, and I knew how the system worked, also he needed someone he could trust.

but I knew you needed the job so I recommended you.

" He insisted he wanted someone who was already in the company, so I played the manager and the PA for a while and I'm sure you already know I messed up " Kofo explains and we both laugh..

I adjust my self on the bed crossing my legs India style and facing her

"After a while, he said we could collect applications for the job and fix an interview with the best applicant. "

" Thereafter I decided to summit your file alongside two other good applicants before my leave. He then called me this morning and said he wants an interview with you first thing tomorrow morning before you resuming on Monday.."

I grin at her

" this Monday? "

"Yesss this Monday " she smiles

" I really can't thank you enough Kofo, this means the world to me " I say and hug her

" Don't thank me I haven't done anything out of the ordinary " she shrugs and moves to her closet

" What are you doing? " I ask

" I'm going to look for the perfect cooperate outfit for your interview tomorrow and we'll go shopping afterwards " she gives me a goofy smile and continues searching.

" Wait I'll have to dress cooperate for the meeting? " I ask even tho I know the answer

" Duhhhh " she rolls her eyes,

"come on try this " she says tossing a pink dress at me

I know there isn't going to be a problem with the size cause we literally have the same body, we're not skinny but we definitely not chubby, I think the only difference between us is I'm slightly taller than her and her behind is lager than mine.

My main problem is this is pink! I hate pink!,

' you have a perfect addition to black ' my subconscious adds.

" Uhmm kofo I can't wear this and I'm a hundred percent sure you know this "

She turns around and gives me the ' not again Ella look '

" I can't " I say firmly

" Fine! " she says grumbling and tosses me a black palazo and a white shirt.

I could make do with this.

" Thanks " I say flashing my teeth at her

---------

I laid beside my best friend who was already fast asleep.

It's 1am and I'm still wide awake staring at the ceiling,

Before Kofo slept, I called my aunt to inform her about my interview tomorrow and I also told her I was passing the night here.

she was so happy when I told her about the interview. It's funny how fast things take turns, just yesterday I wouldn't have believed I won't need to take part time jobs anymore.