~Chapter 5~

Sorry or any spelling errors

Chapter 5~~~

As soon as the sun reaches my face through the window I get up and get ready for the fight. I clean myself up quickly then change into my jeans and shirt. I tie up my worn out sneakers then grab my beloved sword and its sheath.

I look in the mirror. Why can't I always dress like this. Knocking on my door knocks me out of my admiring then I head to the door. I open the door and look at my brother. He is dressed similar to me.

He looks at my clothes. "Where did you get those?" "George told me I could have some of his sister's clothes." I see him look at my sword. "He also made me a sword last night." I lie. I have had this for three years.

"Okay then. Let's go." We walk downstairs and I shake off the glances I get from guards.

We got to the fighting grounds. Since its early its empty. When we pass George he looks at us and I gestire for him to come.

He comes out amd sits on a bench in the stands.

"Do you want a clean fight or can blood be shed?" I ask Anthony as I take out my sword. I put its sheath near George. "Well I guess we can be hurt a little but the first to disarm is the winner. If you can place the opponent into a risky position you also win." He explains and I roll my eyes. I have watched him fight.

"Okay then let's start." I stand a few metres away from him and wait for him to make a move. Just as I suspect he strikes at my shoulder which I quickly deflect then lightly poke his leg. I can see some blood seep through his pant leg and he looks at me surprised. I smirk then go for his left arm. He sees it then blcoks it. He strikes at my hip but I dodge it then go behind him. He spins around before I can do anything then strikes once more. Our swords clash together showing the power and speed behind each other's strikes.

I push his sword down and he hits my shoulder with the blade. And it isn't light may I add. I ignore the searing pain and we circle each other. He is mainly protectimg his chest and head which leaves a lot of his lower body vulnerable. I see a part of his hip that is open but barely. We lock gazes woth each other then we both charge. He goes for my shoulder as I strike at his hip. We bith get struck at the same time and but I ignore the pain. He hit the same arm. He touches his hip and blood goes onto his fingers. I know my shoulder is bleeding, I can feel the blood pouring down my arm. Once again we circle each other looking for any open spots. I see his own shoulder unprotected and slice at it. He gasps and holds his shoulder. I think I did that a little too hard. I shrug then quickly crouch down and swipe my leg under his. He falls back just as I wanted and before he can get I wrap my arm around his neck and put my sword along it. "You're dead." I say to him. I take away my arms and walk to George. He comes down and whispers to me. "How much have you been practising and examining fights?'' He is the only one in the palace that knows what I do.

"I have been training for three years." I say. I look at my arm. These are definetely going to scar. I pull up my sleeve and examine the wound. Its really deep. Its going to be a while before I get inside so I get my sword so I can cut a bit of my shirt. "No. I will." George grabs the sword from my hand and cuts his own shirt. He wraps the cloth around my arm and ties it. "Thanks." I smile at him and look at the makeshift bandage.

"No problem. Is the fight over now?" He looks at Anthony who is holding onto his shoulder while sitting down. "Not quite. We had a deal. If I won he has to give me one of his swords and he has to try to get through the maze." He nods. "Isn't that a bit harsh?"

"I agreed to help him if he truly gets lost. I'm going to go to the end of the maze. Only let him go when I shout to you." He nods amd I get up. I pull him up and he looks at the maze nervously. "Don't worry. I will be at the end so you will know when its finished. Just shout and I will come find you okay?" He nods. George comes up and greets Anthony.