Bonding

Hiyori dragged you into her bedroom, she patted the spot on her bed where it was next to a nightstand. "I'm s-sorry but what are you doing?" you asked calmly with a slight stammer, she giggled. "I'm picking out clothes for you that I don't usually wear anymore," Hiyori answered while digging through the nightstand drawer of clothes, "And... here!" she shouted happily holding a blue shirt with a yellow star imprinted with some jean shorts that looked to end at the middle of your thigh. "I can turn around if you want me to, while you get changed," Hiyori insisted, "I-it's your choice, you and me are both girls a-after all," you explained as heat rose to your cheeks. Remembering when you used to change in the locker rooms at your school with your friends.

"I'm just going to look through my backpack to make sure I finished my homework," Hiyori explained, you slowly took off the white clothing and pulled the shorts up your legs, buttoning the shorts. Then pulled the blue shirt over your head and slid your arms through, fixing the shirt afterwards. "Done." You said bluntly as you looked at your posture, "Not to be rude or anything, but, do you remember how you died?" Hiyori asked with a sincere look on her face, "U-um I-I died of a gun shot to the throat," Hiyori was in deep thought. She empathized before flinching.

"But at least I can live again, right?" you whispered with a smile as tears threatened to fall, "I'm only 13 years old, I have many years left to live." You added while Hiyori just stared at your face as your bottom lip quivered, while tears rained down beside your quivering lips that appeared a warm smile. Yato bursts through the door while rubbing the back of his neck, "Tsubasa!" Yato shouted before staring wide-eyed at your crying posture, what stood out was your odd cheek-to-cheek smile. "I'm sorry for breaking down like this, I just couldn't help myself," you said before twiddling with your thumbs in an awkward manner, "Heh heh, but please stop crying. My neck is burning," Yato complained.

Yukine slowly entered the room, "What happened?" he asked plainly, "O-oh, nothing," you stammered. He shrugged and exited the room, "Don't worry about him, he's a teenager." Hiyori reassured. Hiyori looked at the clock on her nightstand and gasped, "It's passed 10?!" she asked with panic before dragging you into the bed with her while she fell deep into slumber. Slightly leaving you with nothing to do, you slowly rose from the bed and exited the room with caution not wanting to wake up Hiyori. You looked down the hallway to see a door that illuminated light from under it, you walked over to it and rested your hand delicately onto the cold steel doorknob. Turning it to hear the soft sound of a 'click' you pushed the door open to see Yukine sleeping tightly in the bed, you smiled warmly.

"Why are you watching me sleep?" Yukine asked while opening one of his eyes, making you jump. "I-I just saw the light from under the door a-and uh, y-yeah," you stuttered uncontrollably, "You're not tired are you?" he asked randomly while sitting up-right. You softly nodded with an embarrassed look on your face that Yukine knew you were watching him, "Look, we can chat. But I'm giving you 30 minutes, I'm certainly tired, no doubt!" he admitted, you sat down on the bed next to him. "H-hey, a-are y-" "-You are shy aren't you?" Yukine interrupted with a smile, making you nod slightly in response, smiling. "I don't blame you, not being able to talk to anything for such a long time since you're stuck in this grey never-ending place," he emphasized slowly while you just listened. The next morning, you were found sleeping right next to Yukine's sleeping pose.