Chapter 5

Weeks had gone by, Victor and I instantly became close friends but we hid it from the other students due to my state.

“Dude, can’t we just show our friendship in public and forget others’ criticism?” Victor whined before he chugs down his soda.

“No, Vic.” I said while slowly eating my sandwich. “If the teachers knew that, they will surely separate you from me.”

“But I’m not affected by this stupid curse!”

I peered at him from my side and I couldn’t help but stifle a laugh at his dorky look. “Why are you hugging a tree?” I asked.

“Because it’s more better than you!” He sticks his tongue out.

“Just to let you know, git.” I rose up from my position and flicked his nose. “That is my tree you are hugging.”

“Who said so?”

“Said me.”

“Oh no you don’t, Saiah.” He said with a teasing look and I slowly crawled back for I know what will happen next. “You don’t own this forest.”

He pounced on me and his hands immediately attacked my ticklish sides. I laugh loudly as his fingers continued to tickle me and when I ran out of air, I pushed him off of me.

“You… blasted idiot.” I managed to say in between breaths. “I hate you.”

His eyes widens for a moment and he remained silent.

“H-hey, I didn’t mean that!” I added quickly. “I was sarcastic.”

He grins at me and he ruffled my light blonde hair. “I know that, it’s just that…”

“Just that what?”

“Nothing.” He rose to his feet and I watch as he gazes at the bright blue sky hovering above us.

“What would you do if I die?” He suddenly inquired and my heart skipped a beat. Tears pricked at the corner of my eyes and I jolted up and embraced him from the back.

“Why would you ask such things?!” I screamed at him while tightening my hug. Tears pour like waterfalls from my eyes and he twisted around so he could hug me back.

We stood there, embracing each other for what felt like forever but I broke the silence by answering his question.

“I wouldn’t know what to do.” I answered him.

[“I would find a way to make you alive…” I wasn’t able to tell him that.]

We returned back to our own rooms, separately of course. I taught him the transportation spell and I’m proud that he is a fast learner. He could be a great mage one day and everybody will admire him.

I hope he won’t forget me when that happens.