16

A year and three months. That's how long it's been since Y/n and Izuku had seen each other. Izuku had 15 voice recorders, and he was waiting on the 16th one.

Izuku sat silently in Y/n's dorm room, holding a small box. Y/n was turning 8 that day, and had a present on the small desk. Izuku had gotten Y/n two presents, one last year and one this year.

" Y/n-chan..." Izuku mumbled.

There was loud and happy shouting from downstairs, as they probably didn't remember Y/n's birthday.

" MidoriBro! You have to come downstairs!" Kirishima burst through the door.

Izuku jumped, startled, and he was wondering what was so important.

~

" Y/n-chan..." Izuku murmured, his eyes swirled with tears.

Y/n had grown taller, He seemed more mature, and stronger. Izuku tightly hugged Y/n, starting to sob into his shoulder. Y/n tensed up, then relaxed a bit, hugging back.

" I've missed you too, 'Zuku-nii. Did you get my recordings?"

Izuku nodded, having a grin on his face.

" Actually, I want you to meet someone, 'Zuku-nii." Y/n let out a whistle.

Thump!

Thump!

Thump!

A loud, roar-like sound, turned into small mewing. Sam galloped into the room, jumping onto Y/n's shoulder, grinning.

" Wait, was that Sam?" Izuku questioned, confused.

" Yup, Sam has developed a quirk, he can grow in size, and can lift up to 50x his weight. He weighs 15 pounds."

Y/n's shirt slipped down on his shoulder, and he quickly pulled it back up. Izuku frowned, upset at what he saw.

~

" Y/n-chan... Can I see it?" Izuku asked gently.

Y/n was slightly uncomfortable. They were in Izuku's room, while Sam slept in Y/n's bed. Y/n pulled down his sleeve, showing the branding on his shoulder.

Izuku slowly dragged his fingers of the branding. It was bumpy, and he could feel the word. Izuku was disgusted by the man behind it, and was angered by him too.

" I know it looks bad, 'Zuku-nii, but, it was worth it. I know more about my family, and I'm glad I was able to help others... I guess..." Y/n mumbled at the end.

" So, Y/n-chan, will you become a hero?"

"... Yeah... I think I will..."

Izuku grinned.

" I'm so glad! What made you change your mind?"

...

"I don't want to be alone."