Chapter Three

Todoroki Shouto is mysterious. That's Midoriya Izuku's first impression on their freshmen high school representative.

When Shouto welcomed his batch mates, all he did say was, "Welcome to UA High School." Then he bowed and left the stage. The auditorium, where the opening ceremony was being held, was suddenly filled with murmurs. Most of them were commenting with the representative's lack of enthusiasm, some about looks and some annoyed with how cocky the representative is, one particular is on Izuku's side.

Izuku however, was curious. His eyes traced the representative, eyeing and studying him. He is now standing between one of the student council and a girl with black long hair while the school dean was delivering his welcoming remarks. He head bowed, showing his red and white hair, perfectly divided in half. Izuku became more curious, is he some sort of mafia? Why's his hair like that? Is that generic or he just dyed it?

Izuku heard the snort from his right side, Kacchan, his bestfriend since childhood is eyeing the representative as well. "Oi, Deku." He started. "You're mumbling to yourself again." Izuku's rambling stopped, then turned to look at Kacchan, Kacchan's eyes still on the representative. "They say his name is Todoroki Shouto. I think he's connected with Todoroki Enji. The guy's loaded, eh?" Kacchan said with a smirk.

But that's not all that's bothering Izuku.

He and Kacchan are situated near the stage, enough to see the student council and the rest of the school staff with clarity. Izuku's eye once again found the guy and if Izuku may be honest, he's bothered by the representative's- Todoroki-kun's eyes. He's glaring downwards, with some emotion Izuku cannot name. Is he mad? Is he sad? Angry, or terrified? Izuku isn't sure.

"Don't stick your nose to something's not your business, stupid Deku." Kacchan reminded him. The bell started ringing, signifying the end of the opening ceremony and the start of classes. Students started standing up and going on their way. Kacchan stood up first, side glancing at Izuku as Izuku remained seated, eyes still on Todoroki-kun.

The girl with long black hair, tied up in a ponytail nudged on Todoroki-kun. The latter looked up, meeting the girl's hair.

Izuku stood up as Todoroki Shouto nodded to the girl. That's when it happened.

Todoroki Shouto glanced around the auditorium, and met Midoriya Izuku's eyes.

*

"Really, Deku?" Izuku abruptly turned around to meet the owner of the voice. "Into the Commi, really?" Kacchan's voice was mocking, but Izuku made no reaction to acknowledge it.

It's late in the night. After what happened earlier with Shouto, Izuku found his way to commissary, shutting himself to his personal kitchen where he develops new recipes, leaving the main branch to chef Hitoshi. It's not like Hitoshi would do a poor job, he's the Junior Executive Chef, the main branch has been left to him before.

Kacchan eyed the kitchen, sighing as he took a seat on the chair by the counter. Kacchan knew that Izuku's mind is always full of ingredients and how they complement one another. Izuku made their entire menu on his own, of course, he can do this much. But Kacchan is certain that he can just do this because of the presence that made its first move earlier.

Izuku's Portfolio number fifteen, full of unfinished recipes, is laid in the counter together with seven new and perfectly plated dishes. Each dish is accompanied with a piece of paper, stating the recipe and the procedure.

Izuku sighed to himself, "Would you try them out?" he asked Kacchan defeatedly. When Kacchan made no response, he turned again to meet his eyes. Kacchan eyeing him, studying him and waiting for his next words or move.