Attention

"Is it okay if Jae-ho joins us tonight?" Miyeon asked without looking up from her phone.
She'd been smiling at it for the last hour. Minnie would be lying if she said she hadn't noticed it.
They were supposed to watch a movie, but Miyeon had been too into her phone to even notice that the movie was in Thai, a language she couldn't understand.
Minnie had also tried cuddling with her girlfriend, by leaning to her side and giving her quick pecks on the cheek. It had only earned a groan from the older girl, which had resulted in them sitting in opposite ends of the couch. That being said, Minnie wasn't exactly in the best mood.
"Jae-ho?" she asked with a glare.
"Yeah." Miyeon said mindlessly.
"Sure." Minnie scoffed.
Miyeon noticed how the girl's eyebrows twitched. Her mouth was now turned upside down, or maybe it had been for the last hour.
"What?" Miyeon said and tilted down her phone, taking away the bright-blue light that covered her face before.
"I'm not jealous or anything," Minnie started, "but like...movie nights are for you and me, only."
"We watch movies everyday?" Miyeon said with a confused smile.
"Yeah. Just you and me." Minnie said. "Why can't we just keep it that way?"
"I already spend every breathing hour with you." Miyeon said and lifted up her phone again. "I just need a little change-up. I'm gonna tell him to come."
Minnie started at the girl before rolling her eyes. Her head went from left to right, and then back the same way. She stared at a point on the wall, before getting up.
"You're not leaving, are you?" Miyeon asked and looked up at the girl.
"Yes, I am." Minnie said.
She heard a whining "come on" before she closed the door behind her.
Since they'd been staying in Miyeon's apartment, Minnie was free to go home. But she didn't want to. She didn't want Miyeon to be able to come crawling to her when she wanted affection. Instead, she decided to head to the company.
The cold evening-air hit her skin as she opened the big port. Luckily, the walk to the building she was going to was only a few minutes away.
She used her keycard to get through the door, and headed right for one of the big studios. She did have her own room, with a desk, couch and everything else she needed, but it didn't have a piano. One of the studios did. And that was what she was heading towards.
It was a big, old, brown one. The keys had probably not been changed in years, but they still formed Minnie's favourite melodies.
She sat down by the piano, and brushed her hands above its beauty. None of the girls understood when she talked about her passion for the instrument, as none of them felt the same. Yuqi played her traditional Chinese instrument (that Minnie had forgotten the name of), and Miyeon played the guitar, but not even them could understand Minnie. Soyeon was the closest to getting it, but the older girl's words were to big even for her to understand.
She softly let her fingers press down, creating an angelic tone. As she repeated the move, a melody started forming. She knew the melody by heart. Her mouth opened, and euphonious notes, matching the piano, escaped.
By instinct, Minnie's eyes closed. Her emotion flew out together with her silky voice. When she'd pressed the final key, a loud clap filled the room.
The noise belonged to a guy, probably somewhere around Minnie's age. He was tall, and really handsome, if Minnie was allowed to admit it.
"Oh, sorry." Minnie said and stood up.
The boy walked closer to her and showed e with his hands that she should sit down again, and Minnie did so.
"Were you using it?" Minnie asked, meaning the piano.
"No, no." he said with a dark, soft voice.
Minnie could tell he was tired.
"I was practicing in the other room when I heard this really beautiful voice, so walked in here and found you." he said smilingly.
Minnie noticed a peculiar spark in his eyes, that she also had a couple of years ago.
"Thank you." Minnie said and her face betrayed her.
"Play something more." He said.
He had those kind of eyes that could make anyone feel safe. But she couldn't help to fiddle under his gaze.
Her hands fumbled over the keys before they found their spot, and pressed down. She was now playing another melody she knew very well, it was one she'd created herself. There was no words attached to it yet, so instead she hummed out the sounds. The deeper voice joined her for the second chorus, and added some parts of it's own. Their voices melted into one, as Minnie's hands traveled across the board. She played the last key, and she heard claps again. This time she decided to join him.
"That was really nice." he said and leaned against the instrument. "Did you write it yourself?"
"Yeah." Minnie said shyly.
They stared at each other for a couple of seconds, before he smiled and sat down besides her. His own fingers started moving across the instrument. He played around with the keys, not creating a specific melody.
"Are you new?" he asked.
Minnie's eyes were locked on his focused face.
"No." she said. "I've been here for the last five years."
"How come I haven't seen you around?" he asked and looked up at her smilingly, while playfully pressing down on a key.
His sudden gaze made Minnie turn her eyes to the piano.
"I'm not a trainee." she said. "I'm an idol."
She was proud of herself being able to say that sentence, but some parts of her wished she wasn't.
"Oh, I'm sorry." he and for up. "I should be speaking formally to you."
He bent his back slightly forwards, before sitting back down beside her.
"It's okay." Minnie said wait an assuring smile.
"I'm a foreigner, so all these formal words are still new to me, sunbaenim.".he said.
It wasn't until now, Minnie noticed a slight accent. She couldn't give it a title.
"We're are you from?" she asked.
"Singapore." he said proudly.
"Oh," Minnie said surprised, "you speak English then?"
She said the last part in English, now having an accent of her own.
"Yes!" he said happily recognising his own language. "I'm guessing you're not from here either?"
He switched back to Korean, and pointed to the Thai doodles on her arm.
"No," she started, "I'm from Thailand."
Their conversation continued non-stop. They were talking about everything from their families, to music, to their love for the piano, with occasional duets here and there. Soyeon and Yuqi had walked passed the studio, and entered when they saw their roommate inside. Soyeon asked if she wanted to follow them home, but she declined her as her new friend was in the middle of telling a funny story. His name was Adriel, Minnie had learned. She was happy to meet someone else who also had an english name.
"I'm gonna ask this, just completely out of context. Maybe for future reference, maybe not," Adriel fumbled with his words. "but...do you have a boyfriend?"
Minnie was surprised by the question, but even more surprised by her reaction as her lips spread widely.
"No." she answered.
She wasn't lying, but she should've added something else. It was already too late when Adriel looked at her and smiled.
"Interesting." he said and put his hands on the piano.
Together they played the notes for hours.