Chapter 3: Acting

Never in her life had Hermione Granger had a better good night sleep. When she opened her eyes, she felt rejuvenated and ready to do anything. There were at least a dozen beams of light spilling into the room by way of the window, and it seemed most of which focused on Draco, bathing him in the golden sun. He was still clutching her palm in his own, and an actual sleep induced smile graced his features. Never in her life had she seen such an amazing sight, and felt blessed to be the one to see it. She glanced over his shoulder at the alarm clock, 7 am. Time to get up.

"Draco," she whispered, but he didn't stir. A little louder this time, she repeated, "Draco." He shifted slightly and mumbled something incoherent, but still didn't open his eyes. "Draco!" He grunted and sleepily opened an eye, still glazed with rest. "Morning."

"Wa tims it?" he mumbled, raising his free hand to rub his eyes.

"7:01," she replied, sitting up in bed. He cracked open his other eye and yawned, stretching his arms over his head.

"Why'd you wake me up so early?" She rolled her eyes and poked him in the side.

"Because we both have to get ready for class and it's going to take twice as long because of the attraction." He blinked up at her wearily, secretly agreeing with her. "And I figured out how to solve our "Table" discussion, by the way," she added.

"And how's that?"

"Breakfast at Gryffindor table, since the boys are easier to deal with in the morning, and lunch at Slytherin. We can alternate dinner each day." He sat up, the quilt pooling in his lap. She looked away from his bare chest, blushing.

"That sounds fair." He reached for his wand and magicked his hair flat. Hermione tutted as she pulled herself out from under the covers. When her feet touched the floor he added, "I'm getting ready first." He got up and pulled her back over the bed to stand next to him. Her dress caught under her knee and slid down an inch or two, bearing some of her cleavage. He smirked and raised an eyebrow. Pulling the gown back up she growled,

"Says who?" But he was already dragging her out the door and across the hall to his room. It was messy, green, and everything her's was not.

"Says me," he responded. It was too early for him to think up witty retorts, and instead he busied himself by searching his armoire for an ironed button down shirt. "And anyway, the thing that will take the most time is your damn hair, so we can leave that for last, ok?" He pulled a gray polo shirt off a silk hanger and began rummaging for a pair of gray trousers.

"Whatever." He pulled her over to his dresser and stepped on her foot to open a drawer. It took her a moment to realize that she was staring at Draco Malfoy's underwear drawer. Oh the horror! Fishing around for his favorite pair of black boxer shorts, he remembered that this was Granger he was holding hands with still. Foot firmly in place, he dropped her wrist, grabbed the clothing he was looking for, and mumbled,

"Dress me." Satisfied with his reflection, he found a pair of socks and reached for another set of uniform robes before pulling her out the door.

"You forgot your tie," she said with a smirk. He reentered her room and bent over to pull his tie out of the pile of clothing he had dropped the night before. Standing up, he waved the tie from the previous day in her face and said,

"I'm wearing this one." She huffed and pulled him over to her dresser and got out her own outfit as he knotted it around his neck and wrapped his robe around him. She used the same spell as he did to change, and then dragged him over to her closet to find her own robe and tie. "Hey Hermione?" She glanced over her shoulder at him, beckoning for him to go on. As she entered the bathroom he said, "Do you have any classes that I'm not in?" She began to brush her teeth.