Chapter 7. Enchanted Kisha

They arrive in the nurse's office, beds are set up in threes on each side. Pictures and posters of the human body are all over the walls. Some of these posters give the most uninteresting students chances to study their anatomy. Every curtain's open, a signal that no one is here. Straight to the back, a vacant desk. The office chair moved to one side, computer screen flashing the screensaver. The lights in the nurse's office are dim. Lower than any room in the academy.

Sicker patients notice the dimmer lights make it better for their conditions with the rest the nurse often forces on her patients. The hush of the room, Kisha believes the nurse has been out for quite some time. Walls painted a solid white, and no windows but a few air purifiers sit beside each bed on a small medical table. She decorated everything to make the sufferer's experience better.

He decides to place Crescent in the closest room to the right, setting the groaning young man on the covered soft cot. Cushion thickened more so than reasonable, Kisha knows this is the best place to be. Crescent's smaller frame merely settles in the cloud. With no one in sight, Kisha can not just abandon Crescent here, though that's what he wants. If Saikai calls him, he will have no choice but to go.

A large chair sits, pulled up to the bedside. Kisha takes a seat and waits for the nurse to return. Releasing all of Crescent's weight carefully, he stands up, but the unwell Crescent reaches his hand, clutching hold of Kisha's damp shirt. With a weak grip, the fabric bunches as a child means to hang on for dear life. The disparity through Crescent's vibrating digits, Kisha can feel as they attempt tightening. This misunderstood action. The scene of someone calling him. Needing him. It feels foreign being in the presence of a human this weak. Unsure of what Crescent wants, Kisha decides to remain bent, hovering over Crescent like a shadow.

Tugging himself away may cause more damage than what is already, so Kisha decides that isn't what he wants. His hues dance around Crescent's face in interest, hoping to get an answer soon, but he's given small groans and a crunched-up facial expression. Remaining bent like this would surely hurt his back in time, so he starts to contemplate an excuse to draw away. A soft inhale, Kisha's sense of smell alerts him to faint traces of iron in the huffs produced at the other lips.

That isn't a great sign, blended with Crescent's breath. Kisha's certain Crescent may have some internal bleeding and/or damage. He often saw this in animals that ran to exhaustion. Crescent pulls his complying frame closer, requiring the space between them to be none, and instantly feels Kisha's loose white strands tickling his face. Kisha's means for an excuse fade. The gap is closing desperately. Two faces only inches apart forces Kisha a moment to hold his breath. Will it startle Crescent when he finds out the man he hates is too close for comfort?

He'll take being yelled at, but with the threats Crescent has been giving him, the certainty of a fist hurling his way is more than ideal.

The warmth Crescent can feel from Kisha's body. Warmer than anything he's ever felt causes him to stir. Mixed with drenched sweat, the chill in the office demands he keep Kisha near. The light breaths of someone bent over him, a comfort he will try to hang on to blindly. He's still alive. All these years of feeling like something other than a human walking around. Why has the warmth of a stranger seem better? Is it because all he knows is the shape of his brother? He needs it, wants it; misses TLC from Ahni.

"Don't leave me alone," Crescent utters to the open air, counting on the figure above to have some sympathy. His hot breath runs from his lips, tapping Kisha against the face, forcing his eyes to narrow. Someone's there; someone Crescent perceives isn't Ahni, but he doesn't like the cold stagnant air that often leaves him feeling alone.

A groan escapes Crescent's lips, too weak to open his eyes, but he swallows trapped air in his throat, which helps him keep focus. Everything hurts. He did not mean to push himself; however, Kisha left him no choice. Yeah, it was all his fault. He gained consciousness before being placed on the bed, unable to remember anything after the match. Finding it hard to stay awake, but the pain reminds him that shutting his eyes for too long is futile.