Chapter 11. Mysterious Forces

The night is heavy. Flashbacks of the scene ravished his mind, driving him silly. He reiterates many unanswered questions, rehearsing and telling himself what he should have done differently-- could have done differently.

To get up, and find Kisha while the images are still in his mind. He stays put because it upsets him and Crescent knows he can easily become unhinged. His time out on the benches it compelled him to reflect on what transpired. Nothing makes sense. Ahni slept soundly while Crescent spent the night awake only dozing off as the sun ascended.

Soon Ahni awakened him, and the siblings traveled back to the school. Class had already been in session, leaving the two to dash and prep. Ahni disliked being late. Crescent never cared.

Tired, sleep-deprived, and moody, Crescent tries to keep up with class but often dozes. The quiet ticking of the classroom's clocks fills the cold air as if a lullaby takes his hearing. Until lunch, solace allows them to be caught, but his mind is on another mission.

He skips ordering today, footsteps sending frame around the room in a hasty stride. The window of opportunity in locating Kisha is slim. Determined to get what he wants, Crescent drives the needless weight from his body.

Many of the more curious pupils want to know what he's looking for. His face crunched and his eyes dart back and forth mistaken for someone who has received drugs recently, but he lacks enough self-awareness to care. Ignoring them, retaining his search, the whispers increase.

Kisha isn't difficult to pinpoint. His bright hair stands out as white against a blackboard and the fact that he's the only one in school with such a bold color currently makes him all the more a beacon in dyes. Crescent is unable to locate the familiar locks at any of the tables. He isn't near the lunch lady serving booths. Not a glimpse of the redheaded leader either.

Stride neverending, Crescent soon feels the unwelcoming bout of discouragement. 

He maneuvers through a cluster of students obstructing his way, chattering about the latest chocolates found on the academy grounds. A string of expletives escapes him before he finds solace in the central room. The mix of anticipation and impatience takes over, coursing through his trembling limbs, as a surge of frustration simmers inside. The urge to yell mounts, his lips quiver, and his jaw clenches until a deep sigh forces its way out. He wishes everyone would just shut the fuck up for a few seconds!

Groaning as if a wild animal fueled by frustration, he wants to go crazy; so he assumes that will help him. The sea of individuals spread out as different, but the same outfits causing his head to spin. Hairstyles, tattoos and shades of vibrant to dingy colors distort his vision with his glasses on. Just when he hopes he has seen Kisha, he vanishes.

Not being prepared to concentrate on his purpose becomes a daunting task. How did he hope to spot someone in this pile of fuckery?! The noise level is excessively high, hearing goes off in multiple directions. What if Kisha passed him various times? What if he's doing this on purpose?! What if that bastard is sitting right next to him?!

"Dammmmmmit!" Crescent exclaims to wide air, twisting his frame, trudging where he left Ahni.

This is all Ahni's fault. Crescent wasn't able to obtain adequate sleep, today isn't his day. Crescent sighs, sitting beside his brother and plopping his head against the table in defeat. Ahni winces, closing one eye and sucking on his teeth at the sound of his brother's head slamming into the table.

"What's wrong, Cres?" Ahni asks with a dip of his head, though he already knows.

"I can't find him..." His muffled sounds of defeat, deflated and loss.

"That's because he may not be here. Try asking that juvie from the auditorium." Ahni tries to lead his brother right, shrugging to shake off the heaviness and the uneasy thought that Crescent can become physically violent at any moment.